- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Misses 3rd Straight Practice
- Updated: October 13, 2019
Dion Waiters missed practice today due to personal reasons. Third consecutive day of practice he has missed.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
After having what he called the “best summer of [his] life,” Waiters has appeared in both of the Heat’s preseason games, averaging 13.0 points and 4.0 assists per game while shooting 50 percent from the field and 62.5 percent from three.
The Syracuse University product recently said that he knows why he hasn’t been starting, and it is because Spoelstra wants him to get into better shape. It is unknown if Waiters’ recent absence is due to this.
In three seasons with Miami, Waiters has averaged 14.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists per game, while shooting 36.5 percent from three.
With the regular season starting in less than two weeks, it will be interesting to see what type of role Waiters ends up having in the rotation this season.