- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Misses 3rd Straight Practice
- Updated: October 13, 2019
Dion Waiters missed practice today due to personal reasons. Third consecutive day of practice he has missed.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
After having what he called the “best summer of [his] life,” Waiters has appeared in both of the Heat’s preseason games, averaging 13.0 points and 4.0 assists per game while shooting 50 percent from the field and 62.5 percent from three.
The Syracuse University product recently said that he knows why he hasn’t been starting, and it is because Spoelstra wants him to get into better shape. It is unknown if Waiters’ recent absence is due to this.
In three seasons with Miami, Waiters has averaged 14.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists per game, while shooting 36.5 percent from three.
With the regular season starting in less than two weeks, it will be interesting to see what type of role Waiters ends up having in the rotation this season.