- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Misses 3rd Straight Practice
- Updated: October 13, 2019
Dion Waiters missed practice today due to personal reasons. Third consecutive day of practice he has missed.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
After having what he called the “best summer of [his] life,” Waiters has appeared in both of the Heat’s preseason games, averaging 13.0 points and 4.0 assists per game while shooting 50 percent from the field and 62.5 percent from three.
The Syracuse University product recently said that he knows why he hasn’t been starting, and it is because Spoelstra wants him to get into better shape. It is unknown if Waiters’ recent absence is due to this.
In three seasons with Miami, Waiters has averaged 14.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists per game, while shooting 36.5 percent from three.
With the regular season starting in less than two weeks, it will be interesting to see what type of role Waiters ends up having in the rotation this season.