- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Misses 3rd Straight Practice
- Updated: October 13, 2019
Dion Waiters missed practice today due to personal reasons. Third consecutive day of practice he has missed.
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 13, 2019
After having what he called the “best summer of [his] life,” Waiters has appeared in both of the Heat’s preseason games, averaging 13.0 points and 4.0 assists per game while shooting 50 percent from the field and 62.5 percent from three.
The Syracuse University product recently said that he knows why he hasn’t been starting, and it is because Spoelstra wants him to get into better shape. It is unknown if Waiters’ recent absence is due to this.
In three seasons with Miami, Waiters has averaged 14.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists per game, while shooting 36.5 percent from three.
With the regular season starting in less than two weeks, it will be interesting to see what type of role Waiters ends up having in the rotation this season.