- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Updated: August 17, 2019
NBA players following a fellow NBA player on Instagram is not necessarily newsworthy. Still, the fact that a number of Miami Heat players recently started following John Wall could mean something is going on behind the scenes.
Kelly Olynyk, Bam Adebayo, Dion Waiters and Tyler Herro showed a sudden interest in the Washington Wizards guard amidst rumors that the Heat are considering a trade for him and his backcourt mate Bradley Beal.
All summer, it has been reported that Miami is looking for another All-Star who can add more firepower to its current roster. A trade for both Wall and Beal would be precisely that kind of move.
Could Olynyk, Adebayo, Waiters and Herro have inside information on the possibility of a trade for Wall and Beal? Maybe, but perhaps this quartet is simply getting in Wall’s good graces should the Wizards point guard end up in a Heat uniform eventually.
Nevertheless, Wall is unlikely to play until the 2020-2021 season after suffering an Achilles injury last season. However, Wall could be the key to the Heat landing Beal, who is the more coveted of the two.
Interestingly, retired Heat legend Dwyane Wade also followed Wall on Instagram recently.