- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Jimmy Butler’s Latest Social Media Activity Shows He May Be Recruiting Bradley Beal
- Updated: August 14, 2019
The Miami Heat and Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal have been linked a lot during this year’s NBA offseason, and after Heat forward Jimmy Butler’s latest social media activity, those rumors will undoubtedly persist.
That’s because the Heat’s marquee acquisition of the offseason followed Beal on Instagram on Wednesday.
Earlier during the offseason, it had been reported that Beal had interest in teaming up with Butler in Miami.
The 26-year-old St. Louis, Mo. native has two years left on his current contract, but is already eligible to sign a new one. The Heat could try to convince the Wizards to deal Beal before his contract is up, something Washington reportedly has no interest in doing, or wait until the 2021 offseason to sign the University of Florida product.
Last season, Beal had arguably the best season of his career, averaging 25.6 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.5 steals per game, while being named an All-Star for the second time in his career.
Adding Beal to a team that already includes Butler as well as Bam Adebayo and Justise Winslow, both of whom have shown lots of improvement and are expected to become core pieces for the Heat, the Heat would surely put themselves in contention for an Eastern Conference championship and become one of the top teams in the NBA again.