- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Plan to Trade for 2nd Star Before 2021
- Updated: July 30, 2019
After the acquisition of Jimmy Butler, the Heat have been trying to upgrade their roster with a second star, but have so far been unsuccessful. Those efforts are likely to continue into the regular season.
The player the Heat have been most linked to is Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who is coming off arguably the best season in his career. The 26-year-old averaged 25.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game, all of which were new career-highs. Beal was also named an All-Star for the second time in his career.
Adding a second star to a roster that already has Butler, who over the past five seasons has averaged 21.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game, as well as Bam Adebayo and Justise Winslow, both of whom continue to improve, could easily vault the Heat back into contention in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat haven’t had two stars on their roster since the 2015-16 season, when Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were still playing. That season ended with the Heat losing to the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
There is still lots of time left for the Heat to make a move, and it will be interesting to see who they end up acquiring, should they actually acquire another star.