- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Plan to Trade for 2nd Star Before 2021
- Updated: July 30, 2019
After the acquisition of Jimmy Butler, the Heat have been trying to upgrade their roster with a second star, but have so far been unsuccessful. Those efforts are likely to continue into the regular season.
The player the Heat have been most linked to is Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who is coming off arguably the best season in his career. The 26-year-old averaged 25.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game, all of which were new career-highs. Beal was also named an All-Star for the second time in his career.
Adding a second star to a roster that already has Butler, who over the past five seasons has averaged 21.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game, as well as Bam Adebayo and Justise Winslow, both of whom continue to improve, could easily vault the Heat back into contention in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat haven’t had two stars on their roster since the 2015-16 season, when Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were still playing. That season ended with the Heat losing to the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
There is still lots of time left for the Heat to make a move, and it will be interesting to see who they end up acquiring, should they actually acquire another star.