- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Plan to Trade for 2nd Star Before 2021
- Updated: July 30, 2019
After the acquisition of Jimmy Butler, the Heat have been trying to upgrade their roster with a second star, but have so far been unsuccessful. Those efforts are likely to continue into the regular season.
The player the Heat have been most linked to is Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who is coming off arguably the best season in his career. The 26-year-old averaged 25.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game, all of which were new career-highs. Beal was also named an All-Star for the second time in his career.
Adding a second star to a roster that already has Butler, who over the past five seasons has averaged 21.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game, as well as Bam Adebayo and Justise Winslow, both of whom continue to improve, could easily vault the Heat back into contention in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat haven’t had two stars on their roster since the 2015-16 season, when Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were still playing. That season ended with the Heat losing to the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
There is still lots of time left for the Heat to make a move, and it will be interesting to see who they end up acquiring, should they actually acquire another star.