- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Plan to Trade for 2nd Star Before 2021
- Updated: July 30, 2019
After the acquisition of Jimmy Butler, the Heat have been trying to upgrade their roster with a second star, but have so far been unsuccessful. Those efforts are likely to continue into the regular season.
The player the Heat have been most linked to is Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal, who is coming off arguably the best season in his career. The 26-year-old averaged 25.6 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game, all of which were new career-highs. Beal was also named an All-Star for the second time in his career.
Adding a second star to a roster that already has Butler, who over the past five seasons has averaged 21.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game, as well as Bam Adebayo and Justise Winslow, both of whom continue to improve, could easily vault the Heat back into contention in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat haven’t had two stars on their roster since the 2015-16 season, when Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were still playing. That season ended with the Heat losing to the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
There is still lots of time left for the Heat to make a move, and it will be interesting to see who they end up acquiring, should they actually acquire another star.