- Report: Miami Heat purposefully showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
Top 5 Reasons to Be Hyped for Next Season If You’re a Miami Heat Fan
- Updated: August 5, 2015
2. New Additions
While the Heat have one of the best all-around starting lineups for this upcoming season, it’s the additions to the bench that will lift this team into contender status.
Justise Winslow, Gerald Green and Amar’e Stoudemire are the three big names that were added to the bench over the past couple of months. Winslow was added by way of the draft, while Green and Stoudemire were both signed as free agents. All three were steals for the Heat as Winslow unexpectedly slipped to the No. 10 overall selection, and Green and Stoudemire were both signed to the veteran’s minimum for roughly $1.5 million apiece.
In particular, Stoudemire took a huge pay cut as he earned $21 million just last season while playing for the New York Knicks and Dallas Mavericks. It is the largest pay cut for any player this season.
It is no doubt the definition of sacrifice for the sake of winning. The 13-year veteran said as much following his signing with the Heat:
“I think with Miami, it’s now time to make a push. We have a team that understands what’s there for us this year. We’ll go into training camp with that mentality (of winning) and see what we can do.”
The Heat had one of the worst benches in terms of scoring last season, as they ranked in the bottom three in the league. Adding a former All-Star, a three-point shooting specialist and a talented rookie should improve the bench in a huge way.
Next: Starting Five Healthy for First Time