- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
Top 5 Reasons to Be Hyped for Next Season If You’re a Miami Heat Fan
- Updated: August 5, 2015
The Miami Heat are about to start a new era.
When you take a look at the Heat’s roster for this upcoming season, it’s hard to believe the team is just months removed from a 37-45 non-playoff season.
The roster matches up with the very best the Eastern Conference has to offer. The Heat have three former All-Stars, an emerging young center and a former All-NBA selection in its starting lineup. With the exception of a select few players such as Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, the lineup looks drastically different compared to the team that took the court for the 2014 NBA Finals.
“They’re going to be a contender. I think Miami is doing some great things. They drafted the kid out of Duke, Justise (Winslow). I think he’s going to be a really good player. They’ve added some big pieces. They signed Amar’e (Stoudemire), I saw that. And Gerald Green is a big piece, I think, as well, coming from Phoenix. And the re-signing of (Goran) Dragic, and C-B coming back, one of my good friends, he’s coming back off of injury, and by getting D-Wade back, they’re going to be a contender.”
In other words, Heat Nation is in for a treat as the team looks ready to return to contender status.
Here are the top five reasons why Heat fans should be hyped for this upcoming season.
1. Will Dwyane Wade Live Up to $20 Million?
There’s no doubt that Wade is the face of the franchise.
He has won three championships and an NBA Finals MVP during his 12 years in Miami. When he opted out of his contract which would have paid him a little over $16 million for this upcoming season, he did it with the intention that he’d receive more money and a longer commitment from the organization.
Well, he got one of the two.
Pat Riley gave the Heat superstar a $20 million salary, but on a one-year deal. This is the perfect compromise for both sides. Wade will receive the money that he coveted, and the franchise avoids locking themselves in a long-term commitment just in case Wade deteriorates as he turns 34 years old this season.
While his play may decline, that was not the case last season. Despite James departing from Miami, Wade ranked 11th in points per game while carrying a depleted Heat team.
As he enters his 13th pro season after another a year of ailments, will Wade prove to the franchise that he’s worth $20 million a year and a long-term contract for next summer?
Next: New Additions