- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Chris Andersen Agrees to Multi-year Deal
- Updated: July 13, 2014
The dominos are beginning to fall into place. With the third free agency signing of the day, after Mario Chalmers and Luol Deng, fan favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Miami Heat, a source told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday.
Andersen has been a huge part of Miami’s recent playoff runs and his energy and fortitude go unmatched. He shot 64 percent this past season while averaging 5.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks, in nearly 20 minutes per game.
Rumors also have it that the only reason the Heat resigned Andersen was so the Cleveland Cavaliers could not obtain him. Whether these rumors hold any truth to them or not, we are glad to have the Birdman back in South Florida and welcome him with open arms.
Something tells me the Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be quite interesting this year.