- Udonis Haslem Says He’s Willing to Fight Ray Allen’s Former Boston Celtics Teammates
- LeBron James Honors Dwyane Wade With Hilarious Tribute Video Ahead of Jersey Retirement
- Video: Dwyane Wade Drops Epic Verse on Rick Ross’ ‘Season Ticket Holder’
- Trae Young Takes Direct Shot at Jimmy Butler After Dropping 50 on Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat’s 2021 Free-Agency Plans ‘Start With Giannis Antetokounmpo’
- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwyane Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
Miami Heat News: Chris Andersen Agrees to Multi-year Deal
- Updated: July 13, 2014
The dominos are beginning to fall into place. With the third free agency signing of the day, after Mario Chalmers and Luol Deng, fan favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Miami Heat, a source told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday.
Andersen has been a huge part of Miami’s recent playoff runs and his energy and fortitude go unmatched. He shot 64 percent this past season while averaging 5.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks, in nearly 20 minutes per game.
Rumors also have it that the only reason the Heat resigned Andersen was so the Cleveland Cavaliers could not obtain him. Whether these rumors hold any truth to them or not, we are glad to have the Birdman back in South Florida and welcome him with open arms.
Something tells me the Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be quite interesting this year.