- Referee Admits to Huge Officiating Error in Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
- Report: Jimmy Butler Excused From Miami Heat Practice, Status for Monday’s Game Unknown
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to Kelly Olynyk Joining Him in Miami Heat History Books
- Video: Jimmy Butler Yells ‘F–k You Bam’ Live on Air After Miami Heat-Denver Nuggets Game
- Video: Jimmy Butler Gets Denied by NBA Officials as He Tries to Play With Blank Jersey
- Report: Miami Heat Announce New Starting Lineup for 1st Seeding Game Inside NBA Bubble
Miami Heat News: Chris Andersen Agrees to Multi-year Deal
- Updated: July 13, 2014
The dominos are beginning to fall into place. With the third free agency signing of the day, after Mario Chalmers and Luol Deng, fan favorite Chris “Birdman” Andersen has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Miami Heat, a source told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday.
Andersen has been a huge part of Miami’s recent playoff runs and his energy and fortitude go unmatched. He shot 64 percent this past season while averaging 5.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks, in nearly 20 minutes per game.
Rumors also have it that the only reason the Heat resigned Andersen was so the Cleveland Cavaliers could not obtain him. Whether these rumors hold any truth to them or not, we are glad to have the Birdman back in South Florida and welcome him with open arms.
Something tells me the Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be quite interesting this year.