- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Miami Heat News: Mario Chalmers to Re-sign with Heat
- Updated: July 13, 2014
Only a couple hours after the Miami Heat signed Luol Deng, it looks like Pat Riley is at it again. Now, some of you are scratching your heads right now, while some of you may have a huge grin across your face, nevertheless the Heat have announced that they will re-sign Mario Chalmers to a two year contract.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 13, 2014
With Miami’s now three-headed monster at the point guard position, it will essentially be a toss up between Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, and Shabazz Napier for playing time. The re-signing of Chalmers is especially surprising to some after last year’s horrendous NBA Finals performance, which saw Chalmers average an abysmal 4.4 points and 2.8 assists on a lackluster 33.3% shooting percentage. Regardless, Mario Chalmers has been with the Heat his entire NBA career and although he may be infuriating at times, his superstar sized ego is what makes him an ice-cold player in big moments. On a side note, it looks like ‘Rio may be reverting back to his old #6 jersey thanks to the departure of LeBron James.
Chalmers back with Heat, which means he just might also get that No. 6 jersey back he let LeBron borrow for last 4 years. — Michael Wallace (@WallaceNBA_ESPN) July 13, 2014
We would like to officially welcome back Mario Chalmers to Heat Nation!
Proud to say I’m back wit the heat. Heat nation we still here