- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Miami Heat News: Mario Chalmers to Re-sign with Heat
- Updated: July 13, 2014
Only a couple hours after the Miami Heat signed Luol Deng, it looks like Pat Riley is at it again. Now, some of you are scratching your heads right now, while some of you may have a huge grin across your face, nevertheless the Heat have announced that they will re-sign Mario Chalmers to a two year contract.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 13, 2014
With Miami’s now three-headed monster at the point guard position, it will essentially be a toss up between Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, and Shabazz Napier for playing time. The re-signing of Chalmers is especially surprising to some after last year’s horrendous NBA Finals performance, which saw Chalmers average an abysmal 4.4 points and 2.8 assists on a lackluster 33.3% shooting percentage. Regardless, Mario Chalmers has been with the Heat his entire NBA career and although he may be infuriating at times, his superstar sized ego is what makes him an ice-cold player in big moments. On a side note, it looks like ‘Rio may be reverting back to his old #6 jersey thanks to the departure of LeBron James.
Chalmers back with Heat, which means he just might also get that No. 6 jersey back he let LeBron borrow for last 4 years. — Michael Wallace (@WallaceNBA_ESPN) July 13, 2014
We would like to officially welcome back Mario Chalmers to Heat Nation!
Proud to say I’m back wit the heat. Heat nation we still here