- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
Miami Heat News: Mario Chalmers to Re-sign with Heat
- Updated: July 13, 2014
Only a couple hours after the Miami Heat signed Luol Deng, it looks like Pat Riley is at it again. Now, some of you are scratching your heads right now, while some of you may have a huge grin across your face, nevertheless the Heat have announced that they will re-sign Mario Chalmers to a two year contract.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 13, 2014
With Miami’s now three-headed monster at the point guard position, it will essentially be a toss up between Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, and Shabazz Napier for playing time. The re-signing of Chalmers is especially surprising to some after last year’s horrendous NBA Finals performance, which saw Chalmers average an abysmal 4.4 points and 2.8 assists on a lackluster 33.3% shooting percentage. Regardless, Mario Chalmers has been with the Heat his entire NBA career and although he may be infuriating at times, his superstar sized ego is what makes him an ice-cold player in big moments. On a side note, it looks like ‘Rio may be reverting back to his old #6 jersey thanks to the departure of LeBron James.
Chalmers back with Heat, which means he just might also get that No. 6 jersey back he let LeBron borrow for last 4 years. — Michael Wallace (@WallaceNBA_ESPN) July 13, 2014
We would like to officially welcome back Mario Chalmers to Heat Nation!
Proud to say I’m back wit the heat. Heat nation we still here