- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Expected to Miss Start of Road Trip Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: December 6, 2018
Ellington & Whiteside are both expected to rejoin the team during the 6 game road trip.
Whiteside, 29, has had a rocky start to the 2018-19 season. While the big man is averaging 13.5 points, 13.7 rebounds and 2.9 blocks a game this season, he hasn’t played in several fourth quarters and key moments during games this year.
The lack of consistency has bothered the center over his tenure with the Heat. In fact, some speculate Whiteside left the game early against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night because he did not play in the final period, though he states he was just using the bathroom. Either way, it’s not a positive look for the Heat or the team’s highest paid player.
While the season has had its lows for Whiteside, the birth of his child will certainly be a happy moment for him and his family.