- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Expected to Miss Start of Road Trip Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: December 6, 2018
Ellington & Whiteside are both expected to rejoin the team during the 6 game road trip.
Whiteside, 29, has had a rocky start to the 2018-19 season. While the big man is averaging 13.5 points, 13.7 rebounds and 2.9 blocks a game this season, he hasn’t played in several fourth quarters and key moments during games this year.
The lack of consistency has bothered the center over his tenure with the Heat. In fact, some speculate Whiteside left the game early against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night because he did not play in the final period, though he states he was just using the bathroom. Either way, it’s not a positive look for the Heat or the team’s highest paid player.
While the season has had its lows for Whiteside, the birth of his child will certainly be a happy moment for him and his family.