- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Expected to Miss Start of Road Trip Due to Personal Reasons
- Updated: December 6, 2018
Ellington & Whiteside are both expected to rejoin the team during the 6 game road trip.
Whiteside, 29, has had a rocky start to the 2018-19 season. While the big man is averaging 13.5 points, 13.7 rebounds and 2.9 blocks a game this season, he hasn’t played in several fourth quarters and key moments during games this year.
The lack of consistency has bothered the center over his tenure with the Heat. In fact, some speculate Whiteside left the game early against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night because he did not play in the final period, though he states he was just using the bathroom. Either way, it’s not a positive look for the Heat or the team’s highest paid player.
While the season has had its lows for Whiteside, the birth of his child will certainly be a happy moment for him and his family.