- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
- Report: Jimmy Butler was chosen to be All-Star, but he refused to attend game without Bam Adebayo
- LeBron James earns huge salute from Udonis Haslem for crushing Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Report: Miami Heat Have Promised Jimmy Butler They Will Add Another Another Star
- Updated: August 23, 2019
In fact, per a report from Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat spoke with Butler about pairing him with a star in Miami when they pitched him earlier this offseason.
“To be persistent,” he wrote. “Whether it takes days, months or even years, expect the Heat to remain on the hunt for a second established star to pair with Jimmy Butler. The Heat pitched Butler on becoming the first established star to join the current roster, with the understanding the organization would be aggressive in trying to add another, according to a league source.”
So far this offseason, the Heat have been connected to stars such as Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, and of course, Bradley Beal.
While none of those moves have come to fruition, there is still a whole lot of time between now and the February trade deadline.
Additionally, as recent NBA seasons have proven, there is always the possibility that other stars will demand trades.
Regardless of who it is, it would be wise to expect that the Heat will be in the mix for any stars that become available over the next couple seasons.