- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Miami Heat Have Promised Jimmy Butler They Will Add Another Another Star
- Updated: August 23, 2019
In fact, per a report from Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat spoke with Butler about pairing him with a star in Miami when they pitched him earlier this offseason.
“To be persistent,” he wrote. “Whether it takes days, months or even years, expect the Heat to remain on the hunt for a second established star to pair with Jimmy Butler. The Heat pitched Butler on becoming the first established star to join the current roster, with the understanding the organization would be aggressive in trying to add another, according to a league source.”
So far this offseason, the Heat have been connected to stars such as Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, and of course, Bradley Beal.
While none of those moves have come to fruition, there is still a whole lot of time between now and the February trade deadline.
Additionally, as recent NBA seasons have proven, there is always the possibility that other stars will demand trades.
Regardless of who it is, it would be wise to expect that the Heat will be in the mix for any stars that become available over the next couple seasons.