- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Have Promised Jimmy Butler They Will Add Another Another Star
- Updated: August 23, 2019
In fact, per a report from Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat spoke with Butler about pairing him with a star in Miami when they pitched him earlier this offseason.
“To be persistent,” he wrote. “Whether it takes days, months or even years, expect the Heat to remain on the hunt for a second established star to pair with Jimmy Butler. The Heat pitched Butler on becoming the first established star to join the current roster, with the understanding the organization would be aggressive in trying to add another, according to a league source.”
So far this offseason, the Heat have been connected to stars such as Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, and of course, Bradley Beal.
While none of those moves have come to fruition, there is still a whole lot of time between now and the February trade deadline.
Additionally, as recent NBA seasons have proven, there is always the possibility that other stars will demand trades.
Regardless of who it is, it would be wise to expect that the Heat will be in the mix for any stars that become available over the next couple seasons.