- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Report: Miami Heat Have Promised Jimmy Butler They Will Add Another Another Star
- Updated: August 23, 2019
In fact, per a report from Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat spoke with Butler about pairing him with a star in Miami when they pitched him earlier this offseason.
“To be persistent,” he wrote. “Whether it takes days, months or even years, expect the Heat to remain on the hunt for a second established star to pair with Jimmy Butler. The Heat pitched Butler on becoming the first established star to join the current roster, with the understanding the organization would be aggressive in trying to add another, according to a league source.”
So far this offseason, the Heat have been connected to stars such as Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, and of course, Bradley Beal.
While none of those moves have come to fruition, there is still a whole lot of time between now and the February trade deadline.
Additionally, as recent NBA seasons have proven, there is always the possibility that other stars will demand trades.
Regardless of who it is, it would be wise to expect that the Heat will be in the mix for any stars that become available over the next couple seasons.