- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Report: Miami Heat Have Promised Jimmy Butler They Will Add Another Another Star
- Updated: August 23, 2019
In fact, per a report from Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald, the Heat spoke with Butler about pairing him with a star in Miami when they pitched him earlier this offseason.
“To be persistent,” he wrote. “Whether it takes days, months or even years, expect the Heat to remain on the hunt for a second established star to pair with Jimmy Butler. The Heat pitched Butler on becoming the first established star to join the current roster, with the understanding the organization would be aggressive in trying to add another, according to a league source.”
So far this offseason, the Heat have been connected to stars such as Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, and of course, Bradley Beal.
While none of those moves have come to fruition, there is still a whole lot of time between now and the February trade deadline.
Additionally, as recent NBA seasons have proven, there is always the possibility that other stars will demand trades.
Regardless of who it is, it would be wise to expect that the Heat will be in the mix for any stars that become available over the next couple seasons.