- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Updated: July 22, 2019
The Washington Wizards are reportedly going to offer shooting guard Bradley Beal a maximum contract extension worth $111 million over three years once he becomes eligible to sign it this Friday.
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Wizards general manager Tommy Sheppard is not interested in trading Beal even if the two-time All-Star declines the extension.
The two years and $55.8 million left on Beal’s existing contract is purportedly Sheppard’s basis for the decision to disengage from any trade discussions for the University of Florida product.
But Sheppard’s stance could change if Beal not only declines the extension but also requests for a trade at the same time.
The Wizards aren’t obligated to trade Beal, but as Paul George’s trade demand from the Oklahoma City Thunder showed this offseason, players have more control over their careers than in previous eras.
Beal averaged career highs in points (25.6), rebounds (5.0), assists (5.5), and steals (1.5) last season. He could be a prime target for many other playoff contenders seeking to upgrade their talent.