- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Updated: July 22, 2019
The Washington Wizards are reportedly going to offer shooting guard Bradley Beal a maximum contract extension worth $111 million over three years once he becomes eligible to sign it this Friday.
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Wizards general manager Tommy Sheppard is not interested in trading Beal even if the two-time All-Star declines the extension.
The two years and $55.8 million left on Beal’s existing contract is purportedly Sheppard’s basis for the decision to disengage from any trade discussions for the University of Florida product.
But Sheppard’s stance could change if Beal not only declines the extension but also requests for a trade at the same time.
The Wizards aren’t obligated to trade Beal, but as Paul George’s trade demand from the Oklahoma City Thunder showed this offseason, players have more control over their careers than in previous eras.
Beal averaged career highs in points (25.6), rebounds (5.0), assists (5.5), and steals (1.5) last season. He could be a prime target for many other playoff contenders seeking to upgrade their talent.