- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Details Troubling Childhood Moment When Cop Put Gun to His Head
- Dwyane Wade Sends Sincere Message to LeBron James at Retirement Ceremony
- Cardi B Emphatically Defends Dwyane Wade’s Transgender Child Zaya
- Video: Hardcore Miami Heat Fans Name Son After Dwyane Wade
- Dwyane Wade Reveals Most Important Thing Kobe Bryant Ever Told Him at Retirement Ceremony
- Miami Heat News: Miami-Dade County Declares Feb. 22 Dwyane Wade Day
Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Updated: July 22, 2019
The Washington Wizards are reportedly going to offer shooting guard Bradley Beal a maximum contract extension worth $111 million over three years once he becomes eligible to sign it this Friday.
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Wizards general manager Tommy Sheppard is not interested in trading Beal even if the two-time All-Star declines the extension.
The two years and $55.8 million left on Beal’s existing contract is purportedly Sheppard’s basis for the decision to disengage from any trade discussions for the University of Florida product.
But Sheppard’s stance could change if Beal not only declines the extension but also requests for a trade at the same time.
The Wizards aren’t obligated to trade Beal, but as Paul George’s trade demand from the Oklahoma City Thunder showed this offseason, players have more control over their careers than in previous eras.
Beal averaged career highs in points (25.6), rebounds (5.0), assists (5.5), and steals (1.5) last season. He could be a prime target for many other playoff contenders seeking to upgrade their talent.