- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
Report: Wizards to Offer Bradley Beal Max Contract, Have No Plans to Engage in Trade Talks
- Updated: July 22, 2019
The Washington Wizards are reportedly going to offer shooting guard Bradley Beal a maximum contract extension worth $111 million over three years once he becomes eligible to sign it this Friday.
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Wizards general manager Tommy Sheppard is not interested in trading Beal even if the two-time All-Star declines the extension.
The two years and $55.8 million left on Beal’s existing contract is purportedly Sheppard’s basis for the decision to disengage from any trade discussions for the University of Florida product.
But Sheppard’s stance could change if Beal not only declines the extension but also requests for a trade at the same time.
The Wizards aren’t obligated to trade Beal, but as Paul George’s trade demand from the Oklahoma City Thunder showed this offseason, players have more control over their careers than in previous eras.
Beal averaged career highs in points (25.6), rebounds (5.0), assists (5.5), and steals (1.5) last season. He could be a prime target for many other playoff contenders seeking to upgrade their talent.