- Report: Miami Heat ‘purposely’ showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
Report: Bradley Beal ‘Interested’ in Teaming Up With Jimmy Butler on Miami Heat
- Updated: July 1, 2019
Bradley Beal is reportedly interested in playing alongside Butler, but that would only be possible if the Heat can find a way to pry him away from the Washington Wizards.
Whether the Heat have players that the Wizards would be interested in taking is the major question. After all, Beal is coming off a career year, leading Washington last season with career-highs in scoring (25.6), rebounding (5.0), assists (5.5), steals (1.5), blocks (0.7) and minutes per game (36.9).
If the Wizards are looking to deal, they may be interested in Justise Winslow, who has the potential to become a special player in the league. Though it’s not his natural position, Winslow was thrust into the point guard role out of necessity last season, and he made strides towards becoming an excellent all-around player.
But as good as Winslow is right now and as good as he could be in a few years time, the Heat would be wise to grab Beal if given the opportunity. A tandem of Butler and Beal would be a devastating one-two punch that could wreak havoc around the league for years to come.
The Heat have their work cut out for them, first to finish the Butler sign-and-trade, and then hopefully to explore talks with the Wizards afterward.