- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: Bradley Beal ‘Interested’ in Teaming Up With Jimmy Butler on Miami Heat
- Updated: July 1, 2019
Bradley Beal is reportedly interested in playing alongside Butler, but that would only be possible if the Heat can find a way to pry him away from the Washington Wizards.
Whether the Heat have players that the Wizards would be interested in taking is the major question. After all, Beal is coming off a career year, leading Washington last season with career-highs in scoring (25.6), rebounding (5.0), assists (5.5), steals (1.5), blocks (0.7) and minutes per game (36.9).
If the Wizards are looking to deal, they may be interested in Justise Winslow, who has the potential to become a special player in the league. Though it’s not his natural position, Winslow was thrust into the point guard role out of necessity last season, and he made strides towards becoming an excellent all-around player.
But as good as Winslow is right now and as good as he could be in a few years time, the Heat would be wise to grab Beal if given the opportunity. A tandem of Butler and Beal would be a devastating one-two punch that could wreak havoc around the league for years to come.
The Heat have their work cut out for them, first to finish the Butler sign-and-trade, and then hopefully to explore talks with the Wizards afterward.