- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Among Others Rally Around Udonis Haslem’s Plea for Justice
- Tyler Herro ‘Stands With People of Color’ as He Breaks His Silence on Racial Injustice
- ESPN’s Panel of Experts Agree Bam Adebayo Should and Will Win Most Improved Player Award
- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
Jimmy Butler Indicates He’s Staying Ready as If NBA Season Is Resuming
- Updated: April 9, 2020
Even though there are rumors that the NBA is planning to cancel the rest of the 2019-20 season, Butler is staying ready in case the NBA season resumes at some point this year.
always ready pic.twitter.com/jTkMj8tnPj
In his first season in Miami, Butler led the surprising Heat to fourth place in the Eastern Conference before the regular season was suspended.
The 30-year-old veteran is averaging 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game this season.
Butler was selected with the 30th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls. He spent his first six seasons in Chicago but was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves before the start of the 2017-2018 season.
In his first season in Minnesota, Butler led the Timberwolves to their first playoff appearance in 14 years.
However, he requested a trade at the beginning of the 2018-19 season and was shipped off to Philadelphia, where he helped the 76ers reach the Eastern Conference semifinals.