- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Jimmy Butler Indicates He’s Staying Ready as If NBA Season Is Resuming
- Updated: April 9, 2020
Even though there are rumors that the NBA is planning to cancel the rest of the 2019-20 season, Butler is staying ready in case the NBA season resumes at some point this year.
always ready pic.twitter.com/jTkMj8tnPj
In his first season in Miami, Butler led the surprising Heat to fourth place in the Eastern Conference before the regular season was suspended.
The 30-year-old veteran is averaging 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game this season.
Butler was selected with the 30th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls. He spent his first six seasons in Chicago but was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves before the start of the 2017-2018 season.
In his first season in Minnesota, Butler led the Timberwolves to their first playoff appearance in 14 years.
However, he requested a trade at the beginning of the 2018-19 season and was shipped off to Philadelphia, where he helped the 76ers reach the Eastern Conference semifinals.