- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Jimmy Butler Indicates He’s Staying Ready as If NBA Season Is Resuming
- Updated: April 9, 2020
Even though there are rumors that the NBA is planning to cancel the rest of the 2019-20 season, Butler is staying ready in case the NBA season resumes at some point this year.
always ready pic.twitter.com/jTkMj8tnPj
In his first season in Miami, Butler led the surprising Heat to fourth place in the Eastern Conference before the regular season was suspended.
The 30-year-old veteran is averaging 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game this season.
Butler was selected with the 30th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls. He spent his first six seasons in Chicago but was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves before the start of the 2017-2018 season.
In his first season in Minnesota, Butler led the Timberwolves to their first playoff appearance in 14 years.
However, he requested a trade at the beginning of the 2018-19 season and was shipped off to Philadelphia, where he helped the 76ers reach the Eastern Conference semifinals.