- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Report: NBA Plans to Cancel Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2020
According to sources close to league officials, the NBA is planning to cancel the the rest of the 2019-20 season, including playoffs.
This comes as a definite surprise, as there were several reports stating that the league would do everything possible to resume the season. One specific scenario involved sequestering players to a remote location and having them complete the season in a controlled environment.
The NBA officially suspended its season on March 11 after the Utah Jazz’s Rudy Gobert tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Since then, multiple NBA players have tested positive for the virus. However, it is still unclear whether any of the Miami Heat’s players have tested positive at this time.
The news is unfortunate for a Heat team that was thriving with a 41-24 record, good for fourth in the Eastern Conference. As a matter of fact, the Heat were the only team to beat the NBA-leading Milwaukee Bucks twice in the 2019-20 campaign.
If it hasn’t become obvious by now, please be sure to check your calendar for today’s date, and ask yourself whether or not you really believe what you just read. Happy April Fools’ Day everyone!
Note: This article was written for satirical purposes only.