- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Report: NBA Plans to Cancel Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2020
According to sources close to league officials, the NBA is planning to cancel the the rest of the 2019-20 season, including playoffs.
This comes as a definite surprise, as there were several reports stating that the league would do everything possible to resume the season. One specific scenario involved sequestering players to a remote location and having them complete the season in a controlled environment.
The NBA officially suspended its season on March 11 after the Utah Jazz’s Rudy Gobert tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Since then, multiple NBA players have tested positive for the virus. However, it is still unclear whether any of the Miami Heat’s players have tested positive at this time.
The news is unfortunate for a Heat team that was thriving with a 41-24 record, good for fourth in the Eastern Conference. As a matter of fact, the Heat were the only team to beat the NBA-leading Milwaukee Bucks twice in the 2019-20 campaign.
If it hasn’t become obvious by now, please be sure to check your calendar for today’s date, and ask yourself whether or not you really believe what you just read. Happy April Fools’ Day everyone!
Note: This article was written for satirical purposes only.