- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Among Others Rally Around Udonis Haslem’s Plea for Justice
- Tyler Herro ‘Stands With People of Color’ as He Breaks His Silence on Racial Injustice
- ESPN’s Panel of Experts Agree Bam Adebayo Should and Will Win Most Improved Player Award
- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
Report: NBA Plans to Cancel Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2020
According to sources close to league officials, the NBA is planning to cancel the the rest of the 2019-20 season, including playoffs.
This comes as a definite surprise, as there were several reports stating that the league would do everything possible to resume the season. One specific scenario involved sequestering players to a remote location and having them complete the season in a controlled environment.
The NBA officially suspended its season on March 11 after the Utah Jazz’s Rudy Gobert tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Since then, multiple NBA players have tested positive for the virus. However, it is still unclear whether any of the Miami Heat’s players have tested positive at this time.
The news is unfortunate for a Heat team that was thriving with a 41-24 record, good for fourth in the Eastern Conference. As a matter of fact, the Heat were the only team to beat the NBA-leading Milwaukee Bucks twice in the 2019-20 campaign.
If it hasn’t become obvious by now, please be sure to check your calendar for today’s date, and ask yourself whether or not you really believe what you just read. Happy April Fools’ Day everyone!
Note: This article was written for satirical purposes only.