- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: NBA Plans to Cancel Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2020
According to sources close to league officials, the NBA is planning to cancel the the rest of the 2019-20 season, including playoffs.
This comes as a definite surprise, as there were several reports stating that the league would do everything possible to resume the season. One specific scenario involved sequestering players to a remote location and having them complete the season in a controlled environment.
The NBA officially suspended its season on March 11 after the Utah Jazz’s Rudy Gobert tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Since then, multiple NBA players have tested positive for the virus. However, it is still unclear whether any of the Miami Heat’s players have tested positive at this time.
The news is unfortunate for a Heat team that was thriving with a 41-24 record, good for fourth in the Eastern Conference. As a matter of fact, the Heat were the only team to beat the NBA-leading Milwaukee Bucks twice in the 2019-20 campaign.
If it hasn’t become obvious by now, please be sure to check your calendar for today’s date, and ask yourself whether or not you really believe what you just read. Happy April Fools’ Day everyone!
Note: This article was written for satirical purposes only.