- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Updated: August 15, 2019
On Thursday, the three-time champion sent a message of approval regarding the Los Angeles Clippers’ decision to hire Tyronn Lue as a top assistant coach.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 15, 2019
Wade, 37, briefly played under Lue with the Cleveland Cavaliers during the 2017-18 season. Although the stint didn’t last a full season, the Heat icon obviously saw Lue as a capable coach.
Before the pair worked together on the Cavs, the two clashed deep in the playoffs.
When Lue was an assistant coach for the Boston Celtics during the 2011-12 season, he and the Celtics met Wade and the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals.
After a competitive seven-game series, the Heat won the final battle and went on to win the 2012 NBA championship.
In his first head coaching tenure with the Cavs, Lue compiled a 128-83 regular season record.
The former NBA guard’s highlight as a coach came when he led the Cavs franchise to its first NBA title against the Golden State Warriors in 2016.