- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Dwyane Wade Shares Emotional Social Media Post on Anniversary of Parkland Shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2019
South Florida was rocked to its core last year when a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School claimed the lives of 14 students and three adults.
Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade was hugely impacted by the tragedy and became an outspoken proponent of gun reform. He also became a member of the Stoneman Douglas community, meeting with survivors, remembering victims, and helping the community build towards a brighter future.
On Thursday, the one-year anniversary of the senseless tragedy, Wade took to Instagram to remember those that lost their lives.
The comments section of Wade’s post is filled with fans thanking him for his solidarity, and it is well earned. Wade has long been a hero for the Miami community, and its things like these that prove he deserves that title.
While Wade’s career with the Heat is coming to an end at the end of the 2018-19 season, this post proves that no matter where his post-playing career takes him, his heart will always be in Miami.