- Report: Miami Heat purposefully showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
Five Most Likely Trade Destinations for Mario Chalmers
- Updated: August 22, 2015
4. Denver Nuggets
This is another former annual Western Conference playoff team that looks to be on the outside looking in.
Like the Blazers, the Nuggets look to be on a steep decline. After firing George Karl as the head coach following the 2012-13 season, Denver has failed to make the postseason the past two years.
The roster has pretty much been blown up, as they traded franchise point guard Ty Lawson to the Houston Rockets for essentially several role players and a 2016 first-round draft pick.
No. 7 overall pick Emmanuel Mudiay will be the team’s starting point guard and will be handed the keys to the offense. While Mudiay is the man in Denver, it never hurts to have a veteran backup teach you the ropes, especially for a rebuilding franchise such as the Nuggets.
Making matters even more enticing is that fellow Heat player, Chris Andersen, is also on the trade block. Andersen has a history with the Nuggets, having played two different stints in the Mile High City.
The Nuggets are also in desperate need of a three-point shooter, something Chalmers excels at, being a 36.2 percent career shooter from beyond the arc.
By having a package deal of Chalmers and Andersen, the Nuggets could pull the trigger on this trade.