- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Throws Down Filthy Poster Over Andre Drummond
- Updated: August 3, 2018
The most recent sign of that came in a Miami Pro League game on Thursday night, when Jones took a literal leap towards the basket and posterized All-Star big man Andre Drummond in the process.
Don’t sleep on Derrick Jones Jr. (@TheRea1DJones)! The @MiamiHEAT’s high-flying swingman brought the @MiamiProLeague_ crowd at Miami Senior High to its feet on several occasions last night. Here are some of his dunks from the game. And yes, that's Andre Drummond he's dunking on.. pic.twitter.com/vSAhYlbnpQ
— NP Sports Media (@npsportsmedia) August 3, 2018
Earlier this summer, Jones put on a show during the Heat’s Summer League games in Sacramento, Calif. In three games, the UNLV product averaged 21.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game.
Jones will surely look to continue that kind of production into the rest of the summer and hopefully into the 2018-19 regular season as well.
If last night’s dunk is of any indication, he might be able to do just that.