- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
- Miami Heat Release Injury Report for Wednesday’s Game vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Bam Adebayo Adds Fuel to Victor Oladipo Rumors After Latest Social Media Activity
- Gabrielle Union Aims Sexual Message at Dwyane Wade After Seeing Flashy TNT Appearance
- Video: Victor Oladipo Seen Being Extra Friendly With Miami Heat Players After Indiana Pacers Loss
- Miami Heat Change Profile Picture to Disrespectful Jimmy Butler Photo After Heat Dominate Pacers
- Jimmy Butler Speaks on T.J. Warren After Miami Heat Dominate Indiana Pacers
- Tyler Herro Discusses Skill Set He’s ‘Working Really Hard’ to Improve Inside NBA Bubble
- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
Dwyane Wade Reveals Surprising NBA Duo That Inspired His Alley-Oops With LeBron James
- Updated: March 21, 2020
In fact, one of their alley-oops is widely considered to be the subject of one of the greatest NBA photographs of all time.
Now, fans know which historic NBA duo inspired James and Wade’s lobs thanks to an admittance that came from Wade himself on social media.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 21, 2020
Kemp and Payton played together for many years on the Seattle SuperSonics. Together, the two stars were responsible for rim-shattering lobs.
In fact, the duo even earned a nickname for their successes on the court. For many years, fans referred to Kemp and Payton as the “Sonic Boom.”
However, their accomplishments paled in comparison to those that James and Wade enjoyed when they played together,. As every Heat fan knows, James and Wade helped lead Miami to the NBA Finals four straight times. They won two championships in that span.
That being said, Payton’s own contribution to the Heat’s trophy case cannot be forgotten. He was a member of the Heat squad that won the title in 2006.