- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Dwyane Wade Reveals Surprising NBA Duo That Inspired His Alley-Oops With LeBron James
- Updated: March 21, 2020
In fact, one of their alley-oops is widely considered to be the subject of one of the greatest NBA photographs of all time.
Now, fans know which historic NBA duo inspired James and Wade’s lobs thanks to an admittance that came from Wade himself on social media.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) March 21, 2020
Kemp and Payton played together for many years on the Seattle SuperSonics. Together, the two stars were responsible for rim-shattering lobs.
In fact, the duo even earned a nickname for their successes on the court. For many years, fans referred to Kemp and Payton as the “Sonic Boom.”
However, their accomplishments paled in comparison to those that James and Wade enjoyed when they played together,. As every Heat fan knows, James and Wade helped lead Miami to the NBA Finals four straight times. They won two championships in that span.
That being said, Payton’s own contribution to the Heat’s trophy case cannot be forgotten. He was a member of the Heat squad that won the title in 2006.