- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
- Goran Dragic offers major update on foot injury he sustained in 2020 NBA Finals
NBA Twitter Clowns Kristaps Porzingis and Luka Doncic’s Attempt to Recreate LeBron James-Dwyane Wade Alley-Oop
- Updated: December 13, 2019
In Thursday night’s game between the Dallas Mavericks and Detroit Pistons, Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis seemingly attempted to recreate their own version of the legendary Heat play.
— Duka Loncic (@viral_nba) December 13, 2019
It didn’t take long for NBA Twitter to sink their teeth into the play, poking fun at the Mavs stars’ attempt.
“Hi, I’m dwayne wade and this is Lebron and we have DirecTv.”
“and I’m Luka and this is Kristaps, and we have cable.” pic.twitter.com/IREVfBsLg9
— Nate Peters (@1nlp2) December 13, 2019
— Beyonce has an uncle named Larry Beyince. Bruh…. (@DragonflyJonez) December 13, 2019
This is gentrification. https://t.co/vRbCWRfZ0W
— ً (@washingtjohn) December 13, 2019
— OMG, LaJethro (@LaJethroJenkins) December 13, 2019
— I already did it 35 minutes ago. (@StanLeeWontDie) December 13, 2019
— Chris Hatfield (@ChrisDHatfield) December 13, 2019
there are only a few untouchable, uncapable of being recreated or done better NBA moments:
1) Air Jordan logo moment
2) Vince Carter over Frederic Weis
3) Wilt Chamberlain 100 photo
4) The LeBron/Wade dunk pose
to compare anything to them ever is basketball blasphemy https://t.co/YmlSrGWhTE
— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) December 13, 2019
Lebron & Dwade: How my little brother and I felt when we lowered the hoop in the driveway.
Luka & Kristaps: How we actually looked. pic.twitter.com/U32OMjOP2J
— dan (@whoisdanwolf) December 13, 2019
While it’s unlikely Doncic and Porzingis were actually trying to recreate the James-Wade moment, it’s hard to argue against the similarities.
The two young stars may have been the butt of a joke, but luckily their alley-oop helped lead to a comfortable 122-111 win versus the Pistons. Still, they might want to think twice about pulling a play similar to this one anytime soon.
As always, NBA Twitter remain undefeated.