- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
Dwyane Wade Celebrates With Champagne After Heat’s Final Regular Season Game
- Updated: April 12, 2018
To celebrate the ending of his 15th regular season in the NBA, Miami Heat shooting guard Dwyane Wade drank champagne in the Heat’s locker room while speaking to reporters after the team’s 116-109 win over the Toronto Raptors.
Wade explained that he wasn’t the only Heat player to drink champagne after the game.
“Me and UD [Udonis Haslem] celebrated our 15th year together. This is just me and UD, this is the vets celebrating the end of a regular season of our 15th year,” said Wade. “It really means something every time you complete a season, especially as you get up there. We in the back, both of us a little tipsy. We drank a lot.”
The 36-year-old has been a key piece off the Heat’s bench since the team traded for him on Feb. 8. In the 21 games Wade played for the Heat this season, he averaged 12.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game.
The Heat, who won the Southeast Division with a record of 44-38, begin their playoff journey against the third-seeded Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday at 8:00 p.m. ET. The game will be televised by ESPN.