- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Dwyane Wade Celebrates With Champagne After Heat’s Final Regular Season Game
- Updated: April 12, 2018
To celebrate the ending of his 15th regular season in the NBA, Miami Heat shooting guard Dwyane Wade drank champagne in the Heat’s locker room while speaking to reporters after the team’s 116-109 win over the Toronto Raptors.
Wade explained that he wasn’t the only Heat player to drink champagne after the game.
“Me and UD [Udonis Haslem] celebrated our 15th year together. This is just me and UD, this is the vets celebrating the end of a regular season of our 15th year,” said Wade. “It really means something every time you complete a season, especially as you get up there. We in the back, both of us a little tipsy. We drank a lot.”
The 36-year-old has been a key piece off the Heat’s bench since the team traded for him on Feb. 8. In the 21 games Wade played for the Heat this season, he averaged 12.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game.
The Heat, who won the Southeast Division with a record of 44-38, begin their playoff journey against the third-seeded Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday at 8:00 p.m. ET. The game will be televised by ESPN.