- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Dwyane Wade Addresses If He’ll Ever Come Back to NBA Like Michael Jordan Did
- Updated: September 6, 2019
To celebrate the arrival of the highly anticipated NBA 2K20, Wade appeared in a video Q&A on the game’s official Twitter page.
One fan couldn’t help but ask Wade if he would consider coming out of retirement like fellow NBA great Michael Jordan did.
— NBA 2K20 (@NBA2K) September 6, 2019
“I don’t know, I think these young players are way too fast and way too athletic for me,” Wade said. “You never say never, but I don’t think so.”
Wade’s answer shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. After a highly orchestrated final season in which he bid farewell to fans across the NBA, Wade seemed more than ready to lay back and enjoy retirement.
While Wade may not return to the court as an NBA player, there is a real possibility that he will one day work for the Heat or another NBA team in a front office role in the future.
In fact, per reports earlier this offseason, Wade offered insight into who he thought the Heat should target in June’s 2019 NBA Draft.
Whatever happens in Wade’s career going forward, it seems quite likely that he will forever be the most beloved Heat player throughout South Florida.