- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Report: Dwyane Wade Has Texted Pat Riley Draft Advice
- Updated: May 20, 2019
That’s apparent from an interview with Heat team president Pat Riley that’s part of a local television special that will be broadcast on Friday on WPLG.
We begin to preview our Dwyane Wade "Bigger than Basketball" tribute show that airs next Friday night at 8pm. We'll air clips daily, starting tonight on @Local10Sports Sunday at 11:35pm. Here's what Pat Riley told me about a recent text from Wade and his future role. pic.twitter.com/HMYVdIDKpZ
— Will Manso (@WillMansoWPLG) May 20, 2019
“He just texted me the other day. He just texted me a name of a guy to look at in the draft,” Riley said. “He just texted me the name and I’m aware of who the player was and I said, ‘You’re not the general manager or president yet okay, but I appreciate it and we’ll take a good, hard look at him,’ and I think that’s the kind of thing that Dwyane’s going to add to the organization.
“To be quite frank with you, I don’t know exactly where he’s gonna go, as an ambassador or whatever kind of position he wants here would be great, but I think he’s got other things on his mind. But there’s a deep love from all of us here with Dwyane and I think it’s reciprocal, so it’s wonderful.”
Exactly who that player is remains a mystery, though Wade’s years of experience in the NBA provides him with a unique perspective when it comes to gauging a player’s talent.
Wade has yet to indicate exactly what type of job he’s seeking now that his playing days are behind him, though a team ambassador role, as Riley mentioned, would be the easiest to fulfill.
In that scenario, he could simply be himself with a fan base that already adores him.
Given his life off the court, as well as the acting career of his wife Gabrielle Union, he may not have time for a full-time role with the team. However, it’s clear that the people currently in charge welcome his input and hope that it continues in the future.