- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Report: Dwyane Wade Has Texted Pat Riley Draft Advice
- Updated: May 20, 2019
That’s apparent from an interview with Heat team president Pat Riley that’s part of a local television special that will be broadcast on Friday on WPLG.
We begin to preview our Dwyane Wade "Bigger than Basketball" tribute show that airs next Friday night at 8pm. We'll air clips daily, starting tonight on @Local10Sports Sunday at 11:35pm. Here's what Pat Riley told me about a recent text from Wade and his future role. pic.twitter.com/HMYVdIDKpZ
— Will Manso (@WillMansoWPLG) May 20, 2019
“He just texted me the other day. He just texted me a name of a guy to look at in the draft,” Riley said. “He just texted me the name and I’m aware of who the player was and I said, ‘You’re not the general manager or president yet okay, but I appreciate it and we’ll take a good, hard look at him,’ and I think that’s the kind of thing that Dwyane’s going to add to the organization.
“To be quite frank with you, I don’t know exactly where he’s gonna go, as an ambassador or whatever kind of position he wants here would be great, but I think he’s got other things on his mind. But there’s a deep love from all of us here with Dwyane and I think it’s reciprocal, so it’s wonderful.”
Exactly who that player is remains a mystery, though Wade’s years of experience in the NBA provides him with a unique perspective when it comes to gauging a player’s talent.
Wade has yet to indicate exactly what type of job he’s seeking now that his playing days are behind him, though a team ambassador role, as Riley mentioned, would be the easiest to fulfill.
In that scenario, he could simply be himself with a fan base that already adores him.
Given his life off the court, as well as the acting career of his wife Gabrielle Union, he may not have time for a full-time role with the team. However, it’s clear that the people currently in charge welcome his input and hope that it continues in the future.