- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
- Mario Chalmers Once Got Into Heated Confrontation With LeBron James After Telling Him to ‘Stop Playing Like a B—h’
- Miami Heat Rumors: Jimmy Butler on Track to Return Monday Against T.J. Warren and Indiana Pacers
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro Gives Thoughts on Playing Point Guard After Incredible Performance vs. Phoenix Suns
- Video: Devin Booker and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It During Miami Heat-Phoenix Suns Matchup
- Miami Heat’s Jae Crowder Continues to Beg for Justice for Breonna Taylor After 148 Days Pass Since Her Murder
- Dwyane Wade’s Hyped Reaction After Seeing Rodney McGruder Hit Game-Winning 3 Against Trail Blazers
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
- 5 Reasons the Miami Heat Are Primed to Represent the Eastern Conference in This Season’s NBA Finals
Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Updated: September 11, 2019
In a move that certainly signifies their confidence in the young center, the Heat have exercised their fourth-year option on Adebayo, according to the team’s official website.
With this extension, the Heat now have Adebayo on the books through next season. It also offers them more time to decide on whether or not they want to offer the former first-round draft pick a multi-year deal.
He stands to make $5.1 million in 2020-21 and then is eligible for restricted free agency, with Heat potentially offering multiyear deal next offseason if they choose. https://t.co/MllqbsyIV3
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) September 11, 2019
Last season, Adebayo averaged 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game. Most of those numbers came with Adebayo coming off the bench. As advanced metrics show, if he were to be given a starter’s workload, his production would likely become quite impressive.
That’s exactly what the Heat are hoping for this season. With former big man Hassan Whiteside no longer on the team, Adebayo is the presumed starting center in Miami as the regular season fast approaches.
With a clear star in his prime in Jimmy Butler on the roster, along with talented shooters and distributors, Adebayo could certainly come into his own this season.
If that progression comes to pass, it is quite likely that this extension would be considered a serious bargain deal for Miami.
It’s up to Adebayo to make sure that happens.