- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: James Johnson Meets Conditioning Requirement, Will Travel to Atlanta
- Updated: October 30, 2019
After quite some time in the dog house, Johnson seems to be making progress after it was reported Wednesday morning that the forward has met his conditioning targets.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 30, 2019
An added wrinkle to this report is that while Dion Waiters was also back at practice on Wednesday, he will remain in Miami while the rest of his team heads to Atlanta to face the Hawks. Waiters was suspended for the first game of the season after team president Pat Riley cited “unacceptable incidents.”
It is unclear if Johnson will actually record his first minute of playing time this season versus the Hawks on Thursday, but it is good to know that he is seemingly working hard to get back on the court.
At their best, both players offer value for Miami. Johnson is a hard-nosed defender who can stonewall multiple positions. Waiters is a streaky scorer who can win games single-handedly when he gets hot. None of that value will be on display, however, until they can get back into the good graces of their team.