- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Report: James Johnson Meets Conditioning Requirement, Will Travel to Atlanta
- Updated: October 30, 2019
After quite some time in the dog house, Johnson seems to be making progress after it was reported Wednesday morning that the forward has met his conditioning targets.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) October 30, 2019
An added wrinkle to this report is that while Dion Waiters was also back at practice on Wednesday, he will remain in Miami while the rest of his team heads to Atlanta to face the Hawks. Waiters was suspended for the first game of the season after team president Pat Riley cited “unacceptable incidents.”
It is unclear if Johnson will actually record his first minute of playing time this season versus the Hawks on Thursday, but it is good to know that he is seemingly working hard to get back on the court.
At their best, both players offer value for Miami. Johnson is a hard-nosed defender who can stonewall multiple positions. Waiters is a streaky scorer who can win games single-handedly when he gets hot. None of that value will be on display, however, until they can get back into the good graces of their team.