- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat Suspend Dion Waiters, Pat Riley Cites ‘Unacceptable Incidents’
- Updated: October 19, 2019
Source: Heat suspending Dion Waiters for season opener, possibly longer.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 20, 2019
Heat suspending Dion Waiters for one game. “There were a number of unacceptable incidents this week, culminating with his unprofessional conduct on the bench last night,” said HEAT President Pat Riley. “As a consequence, I feel we had to suspend him.”
— Surya Fernandez (@SuryaHeatNBA) October 20, 2019
The news comes just a little under a week before the Heat are to set to open their 2019-20 campaign at home against the Memphis Grizzlies on Oct. 23.
During the preseason, Waiters missed three consecutive days of practice for “personal reasons.”
The Syracuse University product came off what he called the “best summer of [his] life” and played in four of the Heat’s preseason games, averaging 8.0 points and 2.5 assists per game
Throughout his three seasons with the Heat, Waiters has averaged 14.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists per game, while shooting 36.5 percent from three.
Once Waiters does come back from his suspension, it will be interesting to see what type of role he plays for the team. Time will tell if he gets consistent minutes like he has throughout his Heat career or if he will see a reduction.