- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Report: Miami Heat Suspend Dion Waiters, Pat Riley Cites ‘Unacceptable Incidents’
- Updated: October 19, 2019
Source: Heat suspending Dion Waiters for season opener, possibly longer.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) October 20, 2019
Heat suspending Dion Waiters for one game. “There were a number of unacceptable incidents this week, culminating with his unprofessional conduct on the bench last night,” said HEAT President Pat Riley. “As a consequence, I feel we had to suspend him.”
— Surya Fernandez (@SuryaHeatNBA) October 20, 2019
The news comes just a little under a week before the Heat are to set to open their 2019-20 campaign at home against the Memphis Grizzlies on Oct. 23.
During the preseason, Waiters missed three consecutive days of practice for “personal reasons.”
The Syracuse University product came off what he called the “best summer of [his] life” and played in four of the Heat’s preseason games, averaging 8.0 points and 2.5 assists per game
Throughout his three seasons with the Heat, Waiters has averaged 14.0 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 3.6 assists per game, while shooting 36.5 percent from three.
Once Waiters does come back from his suspension, it will be interesting to see what type of role he plays for the team. Time will tell if he gets consistent minutes like he has throughout his Heat career or if he will see a reduction.