- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Dion Waiters Will Be Available to Play vs. Houston Rockets
- Updated: November 2, 2019
Dion Waiters will be available to play tomorrow Vs Houston for first time since suspension, per Heat
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) November 2, 2019
Waiters was suspended by the Heat on Oct. 19 for what was termed “unacceptable behavior” by team president Pat Riley. That followed some controversial actions on the team’s bench during the team’s final preseason contest, coincidentally against the Rockets.
Even after Waiters’ suspension was lifted, he didn’t return for any of the subsequent four games. Before this latest furor, Waiters had already been on the trading block, though there currently appears to be little interest from other teams.
A good portion of Waiters’ time with the Heat has dealt with his recovery from injuries, which began in 2017, during his first season with the team. Since then, his attempt to play with a nagging ankle injury came to an abrupt end in January 2018 with season-ending surgery. That was followed by nearly a full year of recovery before returning to the court.
This most recent absence from the Heat lineup has resulted in Waiters’ status becoming more negligible with the team. That’s due to the sudden emergences of rookie Tyler Herro and Kendrick Nunn, with both players putting up some impressive early-season numbers.
While the Heat could certainly use the contributions of Waiters to bolster the team’s depth, his status within the organization has taken a major negative hit. Whether or not he’s able to bounce back from this mess remains to be seen.