- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Dion Waiters Says He’s Hungry for More Action After Making 2018-19 Season Debut
- Updated: January 3, 2019
Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters played in his first game in nearly a year as he helped the Heat coast to an easy road win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday. Immediately after the game, he indicated that the 11 minutes he was on the court for Miami increased his appetite for more playing time.
— Bryan Wooley (@woolwere) January 3, 2019
“It’s cool, it’s good, you know. Just want to play,” Waiters said. “I mean I know it’s gonna be a little while, but I just want to play. I want to get out there and play. The minutes is fine, it’s good, but I wanna play, I wanna do more. I know I gotta take my time, but it’s whatever.”
Waiters finished with seven points, three assists and a pair of rebounds on the night, with his shooting touch still a work in progress. He connected on just 3-of-9 from the field and made just one of his 3-point attempts.
Such rustiness should be expected considering he hadn’t played in an NBA game since Dec. 22, 2017, because of nagging ankle trouble that first began the season before. After attempting to play through the problem, he finally decided to have season-ending surgery last January. However, what was supposed to be a maximum rehabilitation of 10 months dragged on because of complications.
Waiters’ next opportunity to play will be on Friday, when the Heat host the Washington Wizards at American Airlines Arena.