- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Report: Dion Waiters Complained About Minutes in Front of Miami Heat Players and Coaches
- Updated: October 26, 2019
It was first announced that Waiters was suspended for the team’s opener against the Memphis Grizzlies. Not much was known about what precipitated this action other than team president Pat Riley saying that Waiters was involved in what he called “a number of unacceptable incidents.”
According to the Miami Herald, it appears that the guard was complaining aloud about head coach Erik Spoelstra and not getting a chance to play more, clearly within earshot of coaches and players, during a preseason game versus the Houston Rockets.
On Thursday, the Heat announced that Waiters will not rejoin the team until early next week when they return from a brief road trip to host the Atlanta Hawks.
It appears that the Heat have been somewhat fed up with him dating back to last season and have been looking to move him, but to no avail. Quite likely, it is incidents such as these that have made finding a willing trade partner difficult.
Waiters averaged 12.0 points per game and made 37.7 percent of his 3-pointers last season, but appeared in just 44 games due to injury.