- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Miami Heat News: Several Key Players Out With Injuries in 1st Preseason Game
- Updated: September 30, 2018
The Miami Heat are getting ready for the first preseason game on their schedule on Sunday evening, but they won’t be anywhere near full strength as several key players will miss the game due to injury.
#MIAvsSAS INJURY UPDATE: Bam Adebayo (right AC joint sprain), Wayne Ellington (left ankle soreness), James Johnson (sports hernia surgery), Josh Richardson (left thigh contusion) and Dion Waiters (left ankle surgery) have all been ruled out of today's game vs the Spurs.
While it is never good to see this many names come up on an injury report, it is good to see that the Heat are taking no risks when it comes to the health of their players.
Moreover, it is interesting to note that with all the rumors regarding a potential trade for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star forward Jimmy Butler, the Heat could be approaching injuries with extra caution to protect all of their available assets.
Following Sunday’s game, the Heat will have just five more preseason game before their 2018-19 season-opener against the Orlando Magic on Oct. 17.
Hopefully Miami is able to get its roster back to full strength by then.