- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Several Key Players Out With Injuries in 1st Preseason Game
- Updated: September 30, 2018
The Miami Heat are getting ready for the first preseason game on their schedule on Sunday evening, but they won’t be anywhere near full strength as several key players will miss the game due to injury.
#MIAvsSAS INJURY UPDATE: Bam Adebayo (right AC joint sprain), Wayne Ellington (left ankle soreness), James Johnson (sports hernia surgery), Josh Richardson (left thigh contusion) and Dion Waiters (left ankle surgery) have all been ruled out of today's game vs the Spurs.
While it is never good to see this many names come up on an injury report, it is good to see that the Heat are taking no risks when it comes to the health of their players.
Moreover, it is interesting to note that with all the rumors regarding a potential trade for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star forward Jimmy Butler, the Heat could be approaching injuries with extra caution to protect all of their available assets.
Following Sunday’s game, the Heat will have just five more preseason game before their 2018-19 season-opener against the Orlando Magic on Oct. 17.
Hopefully Miami is able to get its roster back to full strength by then.