- Udonis Haslem unveils fascinating story, credits Jae Crowder’s father for his NBA career
- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
Miami Heat Teammates Lose It as Jimmy Butler Clowns Meyers Leonard for Stealing His Rebound
- Updated: December 21, 2019
When Meyers Leonard stole a rebound from teammate Jimmy Butler during the Miami Heat’s victory over the New York Knicks on Friday, little did anyone know that it would spawn a hilarious social media exchange.
— ESPN (@espn) December 21, 2019
The two players decided to run along with the resulting meme and poke fun at each other to the delight of their teammates and many other NBA stars.
Butler posted a wanted sign for Leonard on Twitter and Instagram for stealing his rebound, with a $1,000,000 reward to be given to the would-be captor.
Leonard, in the spirit of the holiday season, supposedly spoke with Santa Claus to tell him that all Butler wants for Christmas is more rebounds.
Just had a quick chat with Santa. pic.twitter.com/Eylj0TL9fd
It’s a hilarious exchange that their teammates found quite enjoyable.
A handful of Heat players responded in the comments section of Butler’s original post along with many other NBA stars, media members and Butler’s friend and international soccer star Neymar.
Even Heat legend Dwyane Wade got in on the fun.
With the Heat owning the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference at 21-8, the players are more than entitled to have some fun on social media.
Still, Leonard will likely think twice about taking any of Butler’s rebounds from here on out.