- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
- Video: Common’s All-Star Game Tribute to Dwyane Wade Moves Him to Tears
- Bam Adebayo Says He’d Take Jimmy Butler 1-on-1 Because ‘He’s Trash’
Miami Heat Teammates Lose It as Jimmy Butler Clowns Meyers Leonard for Stealing His Rebound
- Updated: December 21, 2019
When Meyers Leonard stole a rebound from teammate Jimmy Butler during the Miami Heat’s victory over the New York Knicks on Friday, little did anyone know that it would spawn a hilarious social media exchange.
— ESPN (@espn) December 21, 2019
The two players decided to run along with the resulting meme and poke fun at each other to the delight of their teammates and many other NBA stars.
Butler posted a wanted sign for Leonard on Twitter and Instagram for stealing his rebound, with a $1,000,000 reward to be given to the would-be captor.
Leonard, in the spirit of the holiday season, supposedly spoke with Santa Claus to tell him that all Butler wants for Christmas is more rebounds.
Just had a quick chat with Santa. pic.twitter.com/Eylj0TL9fd
It’s a hilarious exchange that their teammates found quite enjoyable.
A handful of Heat players responded in the comments section of Butler’s original post along with many other NBA stars, media members and Butler’s friend and international soccer star Neymar.
Even Heat legend Dwyane Wade got in on the fun.
With the Heat owning the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference at 21-8, the players are more than entitled to have some fun on social media.
Still, Leonard will likely think twice about taking any of Butler’s rebounds from here on out.