- Wayne Ellington Explains How Putting on Miami Heat Jersey Made Him Feel ‘Valued’
- Dwyane Wade Has Amazing Response for High Schooler Talking Trash About Zaire Wade’s Team
- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
Miami Heat News: Kelly Olynyk to Miss FIBA World Cup After Suffering Injury
- Updated: August 13, 2019
After suffering a knee injury in competition last week, Miami Heat F Kelly Olynyk will be unable to compete for Canada in the FIBA World Cup, source tells ESPN. Olynyk is expected to be ready for the start of the NBA season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 13, 2019
Olynyk has been a regular on the Canadian national team, but has decided to give himself as much time as he needs to recover.
The injury occurred during a friendly match between Canada and Nigeria, as Olynyk slipped on a wet spot and had to subsequently be helped to the locker room.
The Olynyk injury: https://t.co/2BKCq0AKWs
— Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) August 8, 2019
The Heat get their regular season underway on Oct. 23 with a home matchup at American Airlines Arena against the visiting Memphis Grizzlies.
Expect Olynyk to be a full go by then.