- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Miami Heat News: Kelly Olynyk to Miss FIBA World Cup After Suffering Injury
- Updated: August 13, 2019
After suffering a knee injury in competition last week, Miami Heat F Kelly Olynyk will be unable to compete for Canada in the FIBA World Cup, source tells ESPN. Olynyk is expected to be ready for the start of the NBA season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 13, 2019
Olynyk has been a regular on the Canadian national team, but has decided to give himself as much time as he needs to recover.
The injury occurred during a friendly match between Canada and Nigeria, as Olynyk slipped on a wet spot and had to subsequently be helped to the locker room.
The Olynyk injury: https://t.co/2BKCq0AKWs
— Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) August 8, 2019
The Heat get their regular season underway on Oct. 23 with a home matchup at American Airlines Arena against the visiting Memphis Grizzlies.
Expect Olynyk to be a full go by then.