- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat News: Heat Update Status on Hassan Whiteside’s Knee Injury
- Updated: May 8, 2016
The 7-footer is considered “day-to-day” after an MRI revealed a sprained right MCL.
INJURY UPDATE: MRI results on Hassan Whiteside’s right knee confirmed a Sprained Right MCL. He will be listed as day-to-day.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald has also noted that the Golden State Warriors’ Steph Curry has missed two weeks after being diagnosed with the same injury and if Whiteside misses that much time, he would miss the rest of the Eastern Conference semifinals and more.
Steph Curry has missed two weeks with a sprained MCL, which is what Whiteside has been diagnosed with.
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) May 8, 2016
In other news, it looks like Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas will be missing some time as well as the center has been ruled out for the remainder of the series with a sprained right ankle.
The Raptors announced Sunday centre Jonas Valanciunas will miss the remainder of the series vs. Miami with a sprained right ankle. #RTZ
— RaptorsMR (@RaptorsMR) May 8, 2016