- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
Miami Heat News: Heat Trade Brian Roberts, Second-Round Pick to Portland
- Updated: February 18, 2016
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, the Miami Heat have traded recently acquired guard Brian Roberts and a second-round pick to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for cash considerations.
MIami has traded guard Brian Roberts and a second-round pick to Portland, league source tells @TheVertical
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) February 18, 2016
The deal saves Miami $6 million in and drops them under the luxury tax, allowing them enough room to add a player and not go back above.
Heat are now below the NBA luxury tax, with enough room to add a player and not go back above.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) February 18, 2016
Stay tuned as the NBA trade deadline ends officially on Feb. 18 at 3 p.m. ET.