- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Miami Heat News: Heat Trade Brian Roberts, Second-Round Pick to Portland
- Updated: February 18, 2016
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, the Miami Heat have traded recently acquired guard Brian Roberts and a second-round pick to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for cash considerations.
MIami has traded guard Brian Roberts and a second-round pick to Portland, league source tells @TheVertical
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) February 18, 2016
The deal saves Miami $6 million in and drops them under the luxury tax, allowing them enough room to add a player and not go back above.
Heat are now below the NBA luxury tax, with enough room to add a player and not go back above.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) February 18, 2016
Stay tuned as the NBA trade deadline ends officially on Feb. 18 at 3 p.m. ET.