- Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Former Mavs Guard for Final Roster Spot
- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
Wayne Ellington Raves About What It Meant to Play Alongside Dwyane Wade
- Updated: March 14, 2019
Following the game, the veteran shooter reflected on what it meant to play alongside Wade in Miami.
“It’s been an honor to play with D-Wade this past year and some change, and to get to know him as a person has been even better, just to know what type of guy he is off the floor,” Ellington said. “He’s one of the more selfless superstars this game has seen, and obviously what he’s done on the court doesn’t really need to be spoken about. He’s phenomenal, man, and I’m glad I got a chance to spend that time with him.”
While Ellington was a valuable member of the Heat’s rotation last season, he saw a large reduction of his minutes this season before being sent to the Pistons in a trade prior to last month’s trade deadline.
Since joining the Pistons, Ellington has seen a huge uptick in his usage and production. In Wednesday’s game, Ellington scored 11 points in 25 minutes. Wade enjoyed similar production in the game, scoring 11 points in 22 minutes.
Following the game, Ellington participated in what has become Wade’s customary postgame jersey swap. While the result of the game surely didn’t go how Ellington would have hoped, it seems he quite enjoyed being on the court with his former teammates once again.