- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Wayne Ellington Raves About What It Meant to Play Alongside Dwyane Wade
- Updated: March 14, 2019
Following the game, the veteran shooter reflected on what it meant to play alongside Wade in Miami.
“It’s been an honor to play with D-Wade this past year and some change, and to get to know him as a person has been even better, just to know what type of guy he is off the floor,” Ellington said. “He’s one of the more selfless superstars this game has seen, and obviously what he’s done on the court doesn’t really need to be spoken about. He’s phenomenal, man, and I’m glad I got a chance to spend that time with him.”
While Ellington was a valuable member of the Heat’s rotation last season, he saw a large reduction of his minutes this season before being sent to the Pistons in a trade prior to last month’s trade deadline.
Since joining the Pistons, Ellington has seen a huge uptick in his usage and production. In Wednesday’s game, Ellington scored 11 points in 25 minutes. Wade enjoyed similar production in the game, scoring 11 points in 22 minutes.
Following the game, Ellington participated in what has become Wade’s customary postgame jersey swap. While the result of the game surely didn’t go how Ellington would have hoped, it seems he quite enjoyed being on the court with his former teammates once again.