- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Wayne Ellington Raves About What It Meant to Play Alongside Dwyane Wade
- Updated: March 14, 2019
Following the game, the veteran shooter reflected on what it meant to play alongside Wade in Miami.
“It’s been an honor to play with D-Wade this past year and some change, and to get to know him as a person has been even better, just to know what type of guy he is off the floor,” Ellington said. “He’s one of the more selfless superstars this game has seen, and obviously what he’s done on the court doesn’t really need to be spoken about. He’s phenomenal, man, and I’m glad I got a chance to spend that time with him.”
While Ellington was a valuable member of the Heat’s rotation last season, he saw a large reduction of his minutes this season before being sent to the Pistons in a trade prior to last month’s trade deadline.
Since joining the Pistons, Ellington has seen a huge uptick in his usage and production. In Wednesday’s game, Ellington scored 11 points in 25 minutes. Wade enjoyed similar production in the game, scoring 11 points in 22 minutes.
Following the game, Ellington participated in what has become Wade’s customary postgame jersey swap. While the result of the game surely didn’t go how Ellington would have hoped, it seems he quite enjoyed being on the court with his former teammates once again.