- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Miami Heat News: Heat Extend Qualifying Offer to Tyler Johnson
- Updated: June 21, 2016
The Heat have formally extended a qualifying offer to Tyler Johnson, making him a restricted free agent, allowing Heat to match offers.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) June 21, 2016
The 24-year-old earned $845,059 last season and his qualifying offer is valued at $1,180,431. With the NBA’s salary cap expected to skyrocket next season, Johnson has a good shot at significantly increasing his salary for this past season.
In addition, he has the opportunity to ink a long-term agreement with the Heat that would provide him with greater security moving forward.