- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow Leaves Pelicans Game With Worrisome Injury
- Updated: December 16, 2018
After being checked out, Winslow was ruled out for the rest of the contest, an absence that the injury-plagued Heat can ill afford.
Winslow left after playing just 14 minutes in the game. Before his departure, he contributed two points, three assists and two rebounds. Prior to this injury, Winslow missed the Heat’s first four games of the 2018-19 season while continuing to rehabilitate his injured shoulder. Since then, he has played in 24 contests, starting 11 of those games.
Winslow’s status for the Heat’s game in Memphis on Friday had been questionable, though he ended up starting in the contest. He finished that game with just four points, four rebounds, and three assists in 24 minutes.
The game against the Pelicans marks the sixth and final game of the Heat’s Western Conference road trip, with Winslow starting off that stretch in strong fashion. In each of the first three contests, he scored 20 points or more, a first in his NBA career. However, in the subsequent three games, his production faded and he has hit just 6-of-24 from the field.
Winslow will have some time to rest his ankle with the Heat not scheduled to take the court again until Thursday, when they host the Houston Rockets and American Airlines Arena.