- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow Leaves Pelicans Game With Worrisome Injury
- Updated: December 16, 2018
After being checked out, Winslow was ruled out for the rest of the contest, an absence that the injury-plagued Heat can ill afford.
Winslow left after playing just 14 minutes in the game. Before his departure, he contributed two points, three assists and two rebounds. Prior to this injury, Winslow missed the Heat’s first four games of the 2018-19 season while continuing to rehabilitate his injured shoulder. Since then, he has played in 24 contests, starting 11 of those games.
Winslow’s status for the Heat’s game in Memphis on Friday had been questionable, though he ended up starting in the contest. He finished that game with just four points, four rebounds, and three assists in 24 minutes.
The game against the Pelicans marks the sixth and final game of the Heat’s Western Conference road trip, with Winslow starting off that stretch in strong fashion. In each of the first three contests, he scored 20 points or more, a first in his NBA career. However, in the subsequent three games, his production faded and he has hit just 6-of-24 from the field.
Winslow will have some time to rest his ankle with the Heat not scheduled to take the court again until Thursday, when they host the Houston Rockets and American Airlines Arena.