- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Miami Heat News: Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen to Become Free Agent
- Updated: June 16, 2014
According to source Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports, Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen of the Miami Heat will decline his $1,448,490 player option to become a free agent this off-season.
It is no surprise to anyone that Andersen has decided to test the free agent waters this season, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat’s Big Three. Chris Bosh, LeBron James, and Dwyane Wade all have early termination options this year.
After signing Andersen to less than 1.4 million dollars last season, it has been quite obvious that we have been getting the most bang for our buck regarding the 35 year old veteran. Surely, Andersen could earn more money on the open market next season.
Andersen was a big part of our 2012-2013 championship season and hopefully we can find a suitable replacement this off-season.