- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Willing to Give Up Any 2 Players for Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
Miami Heat News: Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen to Become Free Agent
- Updated: June 16, 2014
According to source Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports, Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen of the Miami Heat will decline his $1,448,490 player option to become a free agent this off-season.
It is no surprise to anyone that Andersen has decided to test the free agent waters this season, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat’s Big Three. Chris Bosh, LeBron James, and Dwyane Wade all have early termination options this year.
After signing Andersen to less than 1.4 million dollars last season, it has been quite obvious that we have been getting the most bang for our buck regarding the 35 year old veteran. Surely, Andersen could earn more money on the open market next season.
Andersen was a big part of our 2012-2013 championship season and hopefully we can find a suitable replacement this off-season.