- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
Miami Heat News: Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen to Become Free Agent
- Updated: June 16, 2014
According to source Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports, Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen of the Miami Heat will decline his $1,448,490 player option to become a free agent this off-season.
It is no surprise to anyone that Andersen has decided to test the free agent waters this season, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat’s Big Three. Chris Bosh, LeBron James, and Dwyane Wade all have early termination options this year.
After signing Andersen to less than 1.4 million dollars last season, it has been quite obvious that we have been getting the most bang for our buck regarding the 35 year old veteran. Surely, Andersen could earn more money on the open market next season.
Andersen was a big part of our 2012-2013 championship season and hopefully we can find a suitable replacement this off-season.