- Jimmy Butler Says He Learned Insane Work Ethic From Mark Wahlberg
- Defensive Metrics Proving Bam Adebayo Superior to Hassan Whiteside
- Report: Dion Waiters Not Drawing Any Trade Interest Around NBA
- Tyler Herro Says He Models Game After Devin Booker’s: ‘All I Watch Is Devin’
- Dwyane Wade Calls Out Haters Who Said LeBron James Was Washed Up
- Jimmy Butler Encourages Kendrick Nunn Following 2nd Straight Poor Shooting Night
- Erik Spoelstra Discusses How Miami Heat’s ‘Unmerciful’ Drills Have Impacted Duncan Robinson
- Jimmy Butler Challenges Lance Stephenson to 1-on-1 Amidst Trash Talk
- Report: Justise Winslow and Derrick Jones Jr. Expected to Be Active Tonight vs. Nuggets
- Zaire Wade Shouts Out Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Udonis Haslem After Heat’s Hot Start
Miami Heat News: Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen to Become Free Agent
- Updated: June 16, 2014
According to source Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports, Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen of the Miami Heat will decline his $1,448,490 player option to become a free agent this off-season.
It is no surprise to anyone that Andersen has decided to test the free agent waters this season, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat’s Big Three. Chris Bosh, LeBron James, and Dwyane Wade all have early termination options this year.
After signing Andersen to less than 1.4 million dollars last season, it has been quite obvious that we have been getting the most bang for our buck regarding the 35 year old veteran. Surely, Andersen could earn more money on the open market next season.
Andersen was a big part of our 2012-2013 championship season and hopefully we can find a suitable replacement this off-season.