- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Miami Heat News: Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen to Become Free Agent
- Updated: June 16, 2014
According to source Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports, Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen of the Miami Heat will decline his $1,448,490 player option to become a free agent this off-season.
It is no surprise to anyone that Andersen has decided to test the free agent waters this season, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Miami Heat’s Big Three. Chris Bosh, LeBron James, and Dwyane Wade all have early termination options this year.
After signing Andersen to less than 1.4 million dollars last season, it has been quite obvious that we have been getting the most bang for our buck regarding the 35 year old veteran. Surely, Andersen could earn more money on the open market next season.
Andersen was a big part of our 2012-2013 championship season and hopefully we can find a suitable replacement this off-season.