- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler for Tuesday’s game vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Udonis Haslem balks at thought of Kevin Garnett being as ‘tough’ as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Udonis Haslem issues strong statement on Miami Heat trying to avoid ‘silly’ play-in tournament
- Jimmy Butler calls reporter ‘sorry a-s’ for asking if Miami Heat are worried about tough remainder of schedule
- Jimmy Butler admits he’s ‘praying and hoping’ that Miami Heat are going to play their best basketball at right time
- Bam Adebayo claims he deserves DPOY consideration: ‘I float under the radar because I’m not a big name in this NBA’
- Jimmy Butler gets game ball for making NBA history after Miami Heat beat Charlotte Hornets
Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Accepts Team USA Training Camp Invite
- Updated: July 26, 2019
Despite the fact that many NBA stars have turned down the opportunity to compete in the 2019 FIBA World Cup, Miami Heat center Bam Adebayo has accepted an invitation to take part in Team USA’s training camp.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 27, 2019
Team USA will be seeking its third consecutive gold medal at the event that gets underway on Aug. 31 and concludes on Sept. 15. While the invitation doesn’t necessarily guarantee Adebayo a spot on the final roster, the rejections of similar offers by countless top players affords him the chance to garner a berth.
Should Adebayo be on the team, he won’t have much opportunity to rest up before the Heat’s training camp gets underway in late September. However, the big man who will be entering his third year in the league has been putting in long hours during the offseason in order to take the next step in his career.