- Video: Dwyane Wade Drops Epic Verse on Rick Ross’ ‘Season Ticket Holder’
- Trae Young Takes Direct Shot at Jimmy Butler After Dropping 50 on Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat’s 2021 Free-Agency Plans ‘Start With Giannis Antetokounmpo’
- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
Report: D’Angelo Russell Named Official On-Court Ambassador for Way of Wade Brand
- Updated: November 21, 2019
D’Angelo Russell is a sneaker free agent no longer after he was officially named the Way of Wade brand ambassador on Thursday.
Breaking: D’Angelo Russell signs with Dwyane Wade’s Way of Wade to become the on-court face of the brand.
— B/R Kicks (@brkicks) November 21, 2019
Russell had been rocking Wade’s signature footwear since the 2019-20 preseason, but it wasn’t until now that a deal was officially announced. The deal will see Russell wear the Way Of Wade 7 this season, but there is a distinct possibility that the All-Star guard will have his own signature shoe down the line.
Russell’s contract with Nike had ended this fall which allowed him to try out various sneaker brands before signing a deal with Li-Ning. He and Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum are among the brand’s most recognizable players in the league.
I’m excited to announce I’ve just signed my first signature athlete – D’Angelo Russell. @Dloading is the perfect player & person to continue the work that I started with @WayofWade. @Dloading…here’s to making your own way. Thank you for believing in us! pic.twitter.com/fPKx51sDDp
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 21, 2019
Wade announced Russell’s signing through his Twitter and Instagram accounts, and he seemed very pleased to sign his first signature athlete.