- Report: D’Angelo Russell Named Official On-Court Ambassador for Way of Wade Brand
- Cavs Assistant Coach Caught Googling Duncan Robinson During Middle of Game
- Report: Miami Heat Building Roster for ‘Giannis Antetokounmpo to Love’
- Duncan Robinson Breaks Heat Record in 1st Half of Matchup vs. Cavs
- Jimmy Butler Praises ‘Smart’ Bam Adebayo, Says He Makes It Easier for Everyone on Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Clowns Kim Kardashian’s Fashion Choice via Social Media
- Advanced Stats Prove Bam Adebayo Among Best Defenders in NBA
- Dwyane Wade Celebrates Carmelo Anthony’s Debut Game via Social Media
- Jimmy Butler Calls Duncan Robinson ‘Hellified Shot-Maker’ and ‘Really, Really Smart’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He’s Been Smiling Every Day Since Landing in Miami
Report: D’Angelo Russell Named Official On-Court Ambassador for Way of Wade Brand
- Updated: November 21, 2019
D’Angelo Russell is a sneaker free agent no longer after he was officially named the Way of Wade brand ambassador on Thursday.
Breaking: D’Angelo Russell signs with Dwyane Wade’s Way of Wade to become the on-court face of the brand.
— B/R Kicks (@brkicks) November 21, 2019
Russell had been rocking Wade’s signature footwear since the 2019-20 preseason, but it wasn’t until now that a deal was officially announced. The deal will see Russell wear the Way Of Wade 7 this season, but there is a distinct possibility that the All-Star guard will have his own signature shoe down the line.
Russell’s contract with Nike had ended this fall which allowed him to try out various sneaker brands before signing a deal with Li-Ning. He and Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum are among the brand’s most recognizable players in the league.
I’m excited to announce I’ve just signed my first signature athlete – D’Angelo Russell. @Dloading is the perfect player & person to continue the work that I started with @WayofWade. @Dloading…here’s to making your own way. Thank you for believing in us! pic.twitter.com/fPKx51sDDp
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 21, 2019
Wade announced Russell’s signing through his Twitter and Instagram accounts, and he seemed very pleased to sign his first signature athlete.