- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: D’Angelo Russell Named Official On-Court Ambassador for Way of Wade Brand
- Updated: November 21, 2019
D’Angelo Russell is a sneaker free agent no longer after he was officially named the Way of Wade brand ambassador on Thursday.
Breaking: D’Angelo Russell signs with Dwyane Wade’s Way of Wade to become the on-court face of the brand.
— B/R Kicks (@brkicks) November 21, 2019
Russell had been rocking Wade’s signature footwear since the 2019-20 preseason, but it wasn’t until now that a deal was officially announced. The deal will see Russell wear the Way Of Wade 7 this season, but there is a distinct possibility that the All-Star guard will have his own signature shoe down the line.
Russell’s contract with Nike had ended this fall which allowed him to try out various sneaker brands before signing a deal with Li-Ning. He and Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum are among the brand’s most recognizable players in the league.
I’m excited to announce I’ve just signed my first signature athlete – D’Angelo Russell. @Dloading is the perfect player & person to continue the work that I started with @WayofWade. @Dloading…here’s to making your own way. Thank you for believing in us! pic.twitter.com/fPKx51sDDp
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 21, 2019
Wade announced Russell’s signing through his Twitter and Instagram accounts, and he seemed very pleased to sign his first signature athlete.