- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Report: D’Angelo Russell Named Official On-Court Ambassador for Way of Wade Brand
- Updated: November 21, 2019
D’Angelo Russell is a sneaker free agent no longer after he was officially named the Way of Wade brand ambassador on Thursday.
Breaking: D’Angelo Russell signs with Dwyane Wade’s Way of Wade to become the on-court face of the brand.
— B/R Kicks (@brkicks) November 21, 2019
Russell had been rocking Wade’s signature footwear since the 2019-20 preseason, but it wasn’t until now that a deal was officially announced. The deal will see Russell wear the Way Of Wade 7 this season, but there is a distinct possibility that the All-Star guard will have his own signature shoe down the line.
Russell’s contract with Nike had ended this fall which allowed him to try out various sneaker brands before signing a deal with Li-Ning. He and Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum are among the brand’s most recognizable players in the league.
I’m excited to announce I’ve just signed my first signature athlete – D’Angelo Russell. @Dloading is the perfect player & person to continue the work that I started with @WayofWade. @Dloading…here’s to making your own way. Thank you for believing in us! pic.twitter.com/fPKx51sDDp
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 21, 2019
Wade announced Russell’s signing through his Twitter and Instagram accounts, and he seemed very pleased to sign his first signature athlete.