- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
Dwyane Wade Reveals His Top 5 Players of All Time in Latest AMA
- Updated: April 19, 2020
One of the most intriguing debates that fills up bars, living rooms and barber shops across the land surrounds the question of who the top five NBA players of all time are.
“My list has definitely changed,” said Wade. “That’s hard to pick man. MJ (Michael Jordan) is my fave of all time. LeBron [James] is right there. Kobe Bryant. Allen Iverson. If I had to pick one more it would be Shaq (Shaquille O’Neal).”
As always, a top-five list invites all types of controversy and disagreements.
Jordan is on just about everyone’s top-five list, and many have James there as well. For years Bryant didn’t crack most top-five lists, but it seems like his legacy has grown since the end of his playing days.
O’Neal and especially Iverson are certainly interesting choices for such a list.
There may be some recency bias here as well, as a few popular options from yesteryear, such as Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlain didn’t make Wade’s list.
On the other hand, if Wade never saw them play, maybe he can’t fully judge them, thus making it unfair for him to rank them.