- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade Reveals His Top 5 Players of All Time in Latest AMA
- Updated: April 19, 2020
One of the most intriguing debates that fills up bars, living rooms and barber shops across the land surrounds the question of who the top five NBA players of all time are.
“My list has definitely changed,” said Wade. “That’s hard to pick man. MJ (Michael Jordan) is my fave of all time. LeBron [James] is right there. Kobe Bryant. Allen Iverson. If I had to pick one more it would be Shaq (Shaquille O’Neal).”
As always, a top-five list invites all types of controversy and disagreements.
Jordan is on just about everyone’s top-five list, and many have James there as well. For years Bryant didn’t crack most top-five lists, but it seems like his legacy has grown since the end of his playing days.
O’Neal and especially Iverson are certainly interesting choices for such a list.
There may be some recency bias here as well, as a few popular options from yesteryear, such as Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlain didn’t make Wade’s list.
On the other hand, if Wade never saw them play, maybe he can’t fully judge them, thus making it unfair for him to rank them.