- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Report: Miami Heat intend to go ‘hard’ after All-Star talent after landing Jimmy Butler
- Updated: July 1, 2019
Particularly, the next few days, weeks or possibly months ahead will be quite busy for the Heat front office, which is reportedly on the lookout for even more All-Star talent.
The work could be much easier now that the franchise has a new face with Butler as its player recruiter to help the team retool this offseason.
All-Stars are difficult to acquire, but with the right pieces going to the right teams, it can be worked out. Just look at how the Heat were able to salvage a botched deal with the Dallas Mavericks and turn it into a four-team trade that got them the player that they were seeking.
One name that has been bandied about that the Heat could try and trade for is Bradley Beal. The Washington Wizards shooting guard is reportedly interested in playing together with Butler and that could be the start of talks between the two teams.
With the recent retirement of Dwyane Wade, the Heat didn’t have a big-name star on its roster until Butler officially became a member of Heat Nation. This is hopefully the start of a big Miami overhaul that brings the team back into playoff contention.