- Report: Miami Heat wouldn’t include Tyler Herro in possible Victor Oladipo trade
- Report: Miami Heat coach leaves team to join Los Angeles Clippers coaching staff
- Report: Duncan Robinson considered ‘top commodity’ in NBA trade market
- Report: Miami Heat ‘would hang the phone up’ if Bam Adebayo was asked for in trade
- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
Udonis Haslem Defends Tristan Thompson in Alleged Beef With Draymond Green
- Updated: August 2, 2018
There’s never a quiet day in the NBA.
That’s why when news broke out that an altercation took place between Cleveland Cavaliers center Tristan Thompson and Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, the NBA world went wild. The two heavyweights, who just battled in the 2018 NBA Finals for the fourth straight year, had had multiple issues with each other and push finally came to shove in person.
@shannonsharpe84 keeping it a trillion on this one. Let me just make this clear. I don't got no issues with Draymond Green but what I will say is now a days people be talking crazy on that court. I've heard disrespect from men towards other men that people know they wouldn't say on the streets. If u ain't bout that or ready to get it in when u see the man you disrespected then just play ball and kill him with your game. I don't promote violence but I also don't promote disrespecting another man. If you ain't, u never know when u gon have to hang that 2pc up!!!????? #og
Haslem, one of the NBA’s toughest players, vehemently shared his disgust for players who talk crazy on the court but don’t back it up off the court. Green, who is a notorious trash-talker, obviously wasn’t willing to back his words up in person. The 2017 NBA Defensive Player of the Year refused to shake Thompson’s hand after the Finals and said the two rivals were cut from a different cloth.
Although the 38-year-old Haslem is from a different generation, the three big men are all passionate and have competed at the highest level. In the NBA Finals, the emotions of intense players reach a whole other level. The Heat legend knows the most about that.
In Haslem’s 11 postseason trips, the veteran has had dozens of clashes with other notable guys, including Kevin Garnett, David West, Tyson Chandler, Tyler Hansbrough and more.
If there’s anyone you don’t want to mess with it’s Haslem.