- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
- Jimmy Butler Heavily Criticizes Miami Heat’s Effort and Attitude After Loss to Orlando Magic
Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Updated: November 12, 2019
The incident reportedly included a seizure that was brought on when Waiters ingested a THC-infused gummy.
Per a recent report from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, one source close to situation has questioned the veracity of the claim.
“But it’s notable that the ESPN report that Waiters suffered a panic attack, after reportedly ingesting a THC-infused gummy, has been disputed by a league source with direct knowledge,” Jackson wrote. “If that ‘panic attack’ information was given to ESPN by [Rich] Paul — which wouldn’t be a stretch to conclude — it would serve Paul’s and Waiters’ interests by bringing the mental health issue into the equation.”
It’s not totally clear what this would change for Waiters. The fact remains that he has been a near-constant distraction for the Heat since before the 2019-20 regular season began. Surely, if the incident had been brought on by some unknown medical issue, the Heat would have to reconsider the suspension. However, the possibility of that actually being the case seems somewhat slim.
For now, Waiters remains out of sight and out of mind for the foreseeable future. What his future holds once he is allowed to return to the team remains to be seen.