- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Updated: November 12, 2019
The incident reportedly included a seizure that was brought on when Waiters ingested a THC-infused gummy.
Per a recent report from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, one source close to situation has questioned the veracity of the claim.
“But it’s notable that the ESPN report that Waiters suffered a panic attack, after reportedly ingesting a THC-infused gummy, has been disputed by a league source with direct knowledge,” Jackson wrote. “If that ‘panic attack’ information was given to ESPN by [Rich] Paul — which wouldn’t be a stretch to conclude — it would serve Paul’s and Waiters’ interests by bringing the mental health issue into the equation.”
It’s not totally clear what this would change for Waiters. The fact remains that he has been a near-constant distraction for the Heat since before the 2019-20 regular season began. Surely, if the incident had been brought on by some unknown medical issue, the Heat would have to reconsider the suspension. However, the possibility of that actually being the case seems somewhat slim.
For now, Waiters remains out of sight and out of mind for the foreseeable future. What his future holds once he is allowed to return to the team remains to be seen.