- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Updated: November 12, 2019
The incident reportedly included a seizure that was brought on when Waiters ingested a THC-infused gummy.
Per a recent report from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, one source close to situation has questioned the veracity of the claim.
“But it’s notable that the ESPN report that Waiters suffered a panic attack, after reportedly ingesting a THC-infused gummy, has been disputed by a league source with direct knowledge,” Jackson wrote. “If that ‘panic attack’ information was given to ESPN by [Rich] Paul — which wouldn’t be a stretch to conclude — it would serve Paul’s and Waiters’ interests by bringing the mental health issue into the equation.”
It’s not totally clear what this would change for Waiters. The fact remains that he has been a near-constant distraction for the Heat since before the 2019-20 regular season began. Surely, if the incident had been brought on by some unknown medical issue, the Heat would have to reconsider the suspension. However, the possibility of that actually being the case seems somewhat slim.
For now, Waiters remains out of sight and out of mind for the foreseeable future. What his future holds once he is allowed to return to the team remains to be seen.