- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Miami Heat Rumors: Udonis Haslem Likely to Return Next Season
- Updated: June 6, 2019
“An associate said Udonis Haslem is training hard three to four days a week, with the intensity of someone who wants to play next season,” Jackson wrote. “Haslem said during the season that he was leaning toward playing another season.”
Haslem’s playing days are mostly behind him, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a valued commodity on his team’s bench.
For now, it seems he isn’t quite ready to trade in his jersey for a suit and tie.
Last season, Haslem played in just 10 games and averaged 7.4 minutes of playing time in those games. Still, with a young core that is looking to take the next step in its progression in the 2019-20 season, there is no doubt that Haslem’s experience will be highly utilized.
At this point in his career, retirement questions will arise throughout the season. At the moment, it seems the Heat legend isn’t ready to hang it up just yet.