- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
Miami Heat Rumors: Udonis Haslem Likely to Return Next Season
- Updated: June 6, 2019
“An associate said Udonis Haslem is training hard three to four days a week, with the intensity of someone who wants to play next season,” Jackson wrote. “Haslem said during the season that he was leaning toward playing another season.”
Haslem’s playing days are mostly behind him, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a valued commodity on his team’s bench.
For now, it seems he isn’t quite ready to trade in his jersey for a suit and tie.
Last season, Haslem played in just 10 games and averaged 7.4 minutes of playing time in those games. Still, with a young core that is looking to take the next step in its progression in the 2019-20 season, there is no doubt that Haslem’s experience will be highly utilized.
At this point in his career, retirement questions will arise throughout the season. At the moment, it seems the Heat legend isn’t ready to hang it up just yet.