- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Miami Heat Rumors: Udonis Haslem Could Replace Juwan Howard as Assistant Coach
- Updated: May 22, 2019
The Heat have an assistant position to fill now that Juwan Howard will accept the head coaching position at his alma mater, the University of Michigan.
According to a report, Haslem is one of five potential replacements for Howard.
– Anthony Carter
– James Posey
– Jamaal Magloire
– Udonis Haslem
– Irv Roland
Haslem just finished his 16th season in the NBA. All 16 of those years have seen him play in a Heat jersey.
He talked early on in the 2018-19 season about how he would likely retire. However, he left the door open for a return for another season. That said, a return as a coach likely makes more sense than as a player.
Haslem already spent last season in something of a coaching role with the Heat. He only played in 10 games and saw just 74 total minutes of action.
Still, the team viewed him as a key component because of his leadership and intelligence.
Haslem isn’t the only candidate with Heat connections. Anthony Carter played four seasons with the Heat and Jamaal Magloire played three.
James Posey spent two years in Miami and won the 2006 title with the team.