- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
Miami Heat Rumors: Udonis Haslem Could Replace Juwan Howard as Assistant Coach
- Updated: May 22, 2019
The Heat have an assistant position to fill now that Juwan Howard will accept the head coaching position at his alma mater, the University of Michigan.
According to a report, Haslem is one of five potential replacements for Howard.
– Anthony Carter
– James Posey
– Jamaal Magloire
– Udonis Haslem
– Irv Roland
Haslem just finished his 16th season in the NBA. All 16 of those years have seen him play in a Heat jersey.
He talked early on in the 2018-19 season about how he would likely retire. However, he left the door open for a return for another season. That said, a return as a coach likely makes more sense than as a player.
Haslem already spent last season in something of a coaching role with the Heat. He only played in 10 games and saw just 74 total minutes of action.
Still, the team viewed him as a key component because of his leadership and intelligence.
Haslem isn’t the only candidate with Heat connections. Anthony Carter played four seasons with the Heat and Jamaal Magloire played three.
James Posey spent two years in Miami and won the 2006 title with the team.