- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Willing to Give Up Any 2 Players for Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Damian Lillard Putting Up Monster Game Against Dallas Mavericks
- Miami Heat Release Injury Report for Wednesday’s Game vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Bam Adebayo Adds Fuel to Victor Oladipo Rumors After Latest Social Media Activity
- Gabrielle Union Aims Sexual Message at Dwyane Wade After Seeing Flashy TNT Appearance
- Video: Victor Oladipo Seen Being Extra Friendly With Miami Heat Players After Indiana Pacers Loss
- Miami Heat Change Profile Picture to Disrespectful Jimmy Butler Photo After Heat Dominate Pacers
Miami Heat Rumors: Udonis Haslem Could Replace Juwan Howard as Assistant Coach
- Updated: May 22, 2019
The Heat have an assistant position to fill now that Juwan Howard will accept the head coaching position at his alma mater, the University of Michigan.
According to a report, Haslem is one of five potential replacements for Howard.
– Anthony Carter
– James Posey
– Jamaal Magloire
– Udonis Haslem
– Irv Roland
Haslem just finished his 16th season in the NBA. All 16 of those years have seen him play in a Heat jersey.
He talked early on in the 2018-19 season about how he would likely retire. However, he left the door open for a return for another season. That said, a return as a coach likely makes more sense than as a player.
Haslem already spent last season in something of a coaching role with the Heat. He only played in 10 games and saw just 74 total minutes of action.
Still, the team viewed him as a key component because of his leadership and intelligence.
Haslem isn’t the only candidate with Heat connections. Anthony Carter played four seasons with the Heat and Jamaal Magloire played three.
James Posey spent two years in Miami and won the 2006 title with the team.