- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
Miami Heat Rumors: Udonis Haslem Could Replace Juwan Howard as Assistant Coach
- Updated: May 22, 2019
The Heat have an assistant position to fill now that Juwan Howard will accept the head coaching position at his alma mater, the University of Michigan.
According to a report, Haslem is one of five potential replacements for Howard.
– Anthony Carter
– James Posey
– Jamaal Magloire
– Udonis Haslem
– Irv Roland
Haslem just finished his 16th season in the NBA. All 16 of those years have seen him play in a Heat jersey.
He talked early on in the 2018-19 season about how he would likely retire. However, he left the door open for a return for another season. That said, a return as a coach likely makes more sense than as a player.
Haslem already spent last season in something of a coaching role with the Heat. He only played in 10 games and saw just 74 total minutes of action.
Still, the team viewed him as a key component because of his leadership and intelligence.
Haslem isn’t the only candidate with Heat connections. Anthony Carter played four seasons with the Heat and Jamaal Magloire played three.
James Posey spent two years in Miami and won the 2006 title with the team.