- Report: Miami Heat ‘purposely’ showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
Dwyane Wade Issues Epic Response to Fan Wondering If He’ll Go Out Like Kobe Bryant
- Updated: November 22, 2018
Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade is in the process of a farewell tour — similar to Los Angeles Lakers great Kobe Bryant’s several seasons ago — and when one fan asked Wade on social media if he plans to finish his career like Bryant, Wade gave the perfect response.
In the final game of the 2015-16 NBA season, Bryant left Lakers fans elated when he dropped 60 points in his last NBA appearance. While that is the kind of storybook ending any NBA star would hope for, Wade isn’t looking to follow in anyone else’s footsteps at this point in his storied career.
I’ll go out like DWade. https://t.co/7VX8pp3NJO
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 22, 2018
At this point in the season, it is unclear if Wade could even have a 60-point game if he wanted to. So far this season, Wade is averaging just 13.4 points per game, and after missing seven games due to the birth of his daughter, Wade recorded just five points in his first game back.
Regardless of how it ends, the 2018-19 season will be forever remembered as Wade’s goodbye tour throughout the NBA.
While it may not end quite like Bryant’s did, here’s hoping it ends with some fireworks on Wade’s own terms.