- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade Celebrates Carmelo Anthony’s Debut Game via Social Media
- Updated: November 20, 2019
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 20, 2019
Anthony, 35, made his 2019-20 season debut with the Trail Blazers on Tuesday. The 10-time All-Star put up a solid 10 points and four rebounds in 24 minutes of action against the New Orleans Pelicans.
Wade and Anthony both are alumni from the 2003 NBA Draft. While both players have had tremendous success stories in the NBA, the tail ends of their careers have been very different.
The Heat guard was heavily adored and celebrated towards the end of his stint in Miami. In addition, Wade received love all over the league during his retirement tour.
As for Anthony, he has experienced a very different reality in the twilight of his career. The journeyman was ostracized from the Houston Rockets last season and had difficulty signing with another team in the aftermath.
Yet, Anthony finds himself with a job now and the support of multiple current and former players across the league, including the Heat icon.