- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Celebrates Carmelo Anthony’s Debut Game via Social Media
- Updated: November 20, 2019
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 20, 2019
Anthony, 35, made his 2019-20 season debut with the Trail Blazers on Tuesday. The 10-time All-Star put up a solid 10 points and four rebounds in 24 minutes of action against the New Orleans Pelicans.
Wade and Anthony both are alumni from the 2003 NBA Draft. While both players have had tremendous success stories in the NBA, the tail ends of their careers have been very different.
The Heat guard was heavily adored and celebrated towards the end of his stint in Miami. In addition, Wade received love all over the league during his retirement tour.
As for Anthony, he has experienced a very different reality in the twilight of his career. The journeyman was ostracized from the Houston Rockets last season and had difficulty signing with another team in the aftermath.
Yet, Anthony finds himself with a job now and the support of multiple current and former players across the league, including the Heat icon.