- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Bam Adebayo Promotes Bringing Dwyane Wade Out of Retirement via Instagram
- Updated: September 3, 2019
After 16 spectacular seasons, Dwyane Wade retired from the NBA last spring.
With the start of training camp now less than a month away, one of his old Miami Heat teammates is apparently yearning to play with the future Hall of Famer once again.
Whether Bam Adebayo posted the message partly in jest or was being completely serious, it’s clear that Wade’s departure will leave a sizable void in the Heat organization.
Team president Pat Riley wasted no time attempting to fill that void, pulling off a huge trade to acquire four-time NBA All-Star Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers in return for up-and-coming guard Josh Richardson.
In the same deal, which involved a total of four teams, the Heat also sent another team fixture, center Hassan Whiteside, to the Portland Trail Blazers and got Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard in return.
The loss of both Wade and Whiteside will create an opportunity for Adebayo to expand his game and perhaps start to show some leadership in what will be his third season.