- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15M-$20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
Bam Adebayo Promotes Bringing Dwyane Wade Out of Retirement via Instagram
- Updated: September 3, 2019
After 16 spectacular seasons, Dwyane Wade retired from the NBA last spring.
With the start of training camp now less than a month away, one of his old Miami Heat teammates is apparently yearning to play with the future Hall of Famer once again.
Whether Bam Adebayo posted the message partly in jest or was being completely serious, it’s clear that Wade’s departure will leave a sizable void in the Heat organization.
Team president Pat Riley wasted no time attempting to fill that void, pulling off a huge trade to acquire four-time NBA All-Star Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers in return for up-and-coming guard Josh Richardson.
In the same deal, which involved a total of four teams, the Heat also sent another team fixture, center Hassan Whiteside, to the Portland Trail Blazers and got Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard in return.
The loss of both Wade and Whiteside will create an opportunity for Adebayo to expand his game and perhaps start to show some leadership in what will be his third season.