- Jae Crowder Says ‘It Was All Championship Talk’ for Miami Heat Prior to Shutdown
- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
Bam Adebayo Promotes Bringing Dwyane Wade Out of Retirement via Instagram
- Updated: September 3, 2019
After 16 spectacular seasons, Dwyane Wade retired from the NBA last spring.
With the start of training camp now less than a month away, one of his old Miami Heat teammates is apparently yearning to play with the future Hall of Famer once again.
Whether Bam Adebayo posted the message partly in jest or was being completely serious, it’s clear that Wade’s departure will leave a sizable void in the Heat organization.
Team president Pat Riley wasted no time attempting to fill that void, pulling off a huge trade to acquire four-time NBA All-Star Jimmy Butler from the Philadelphia 76ers in return for up-and-coming guard Josh Richardson.
In the same deal, which involved a total of four teams, the Heat also sent another team fixture, center Hassan Whiteside, to the Portland Trail Blazers and got Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard in return.
The loss of both Wade and Whiteside will create an opportunity for Adebayo to expand his game and perhaps start to show some leadership in what will be his third season.