- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Finalizing Trade to Send Hassan Whiteside to Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 1, 2019
On the surface, the trade may not seem beneficial to the Heat, but if ones takes a deeper look, he can see why Heat president Pat Riley pulled off the deal.
Not only are the Heat getting rid of Whiteside’s massive $27.1 million owed for the 2019-20 season, but they are getting two players who are on expiring contracts. The Heat are saving about $4 million in cap space with the trade.
Most importantly, the Heat are now closer to finalizing the trade for the Philadelphia 76ers’ Jimmy Butler. The team still needs to explore how to send away substantial salary as it is still well over the salary cap.