- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat Finalizing Trade to Send Hassan Whiteside to Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 1, 2019
On the surface, the trade may not seem beneficial to the Heat, but if ones takes a deeper look, he can see why Heat president Pat Riley pulled off the deal.
Not only are the Heat getting rid of Whiteside’s massive $27.1 million owed for the 2019-20 season, but they are getting two players who are on expiring contracts. The Heat are saving about $4 million in cap space with the trade.
Most importantly, the Heat are now closer to finalizing the trade for the Philadelphia 76ers’ Jimmy Butler. The team still needs to explore how to send away substantial salary as it is still well over the salary cap.