- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Report: Miami Heat Finalizing Trade to Send Hassan Whiteside to Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 1, 2019
On the surface, the trade may not seem beneficial to the Heat, but if ones takes a deeper look, he can see why Heat president Pat Riley pulled off the deal.
Not only are the Heat getting rid of Whiteside’s massive $27.1 million owed for the 2019-20 season, but they are getting two players who are on expiring contracts. The Heat are saving about $4 million in cap space with the trade.
Most importantly, the Heat are now closer to finalizing the trade for the Philadelphia 76ers’ Jimmy Butler. The team still needs to explore how to send away substantial salary as it is still well over the salary cap.