- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Miami Heat Finalizing Trade to Send Hassan Whiteside to Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 1, 2019
On the surface, the trade may not seem beneficial to the Heat, but if ones takes a deeper look, he can see why Heat president Pat Riley pulled off the deal.
Not only are the Heat getting rid of Whiteside’s massive $27.1 million owed for the 2019-20 season, but they are getting two players who are on expiring contracts. The Heat are saving about $4 million in cap space with the trade.
Most importantly, the Heat are now closer to finalizing the trade for the Philadelphia 76ers’ Jimmy Butler. The team still needs to explore how to send away substantial salary as it is still well over the salary cap.