- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Report: Miami Heat Finalizing Trade to Send Hassan Whiteside to Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 1, 2019
On the surface, the trade may not seem beneficial to the Heat, but if ones takes a deeper look, he can see why Heat president Pat Riley pulled off the deal.
Not only are the Heat getting rid of Whiteside’s massive $27.1 million owed for the 2019-20 season, but they are getting two players who are on expiring contracts. The Heat are saving about $4 million in cap space with the trade.
Most importantly, the Heat are now closer to finalizing the trade for the Philadelphia 76ers’ Jimmy Butler. The team still needs to explore how to send away substantial salary as it is still well over the salary cap.